Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New 7754 Home One info and pics

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

New 7754 Home One info and pics

Postby HothTrooper » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:57 pm

StarWars.com has another short LEGO article/interview up today. This time it's 7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser. Not a whole not new here since this set was showcased at Toy Fair. Of note is the box art and the piece count of 789, neither of which were shown at Toy Fair. Check it out here.
HothTrooper

Re: New 7754 Home One info and pics

Postby Pendragonstar » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Maybe you want to search if anyone has posted this before you do. :roll:
Just kidding :lol: You posted this 3 minutes after me so it probably wouldn't be on there yet.

But this has secured the fact that I will get this. :D

EDIT: It looks like my thread just got taken off. :(
Pendragonstar

Postby The Brain » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:32 pm

I don't know. IMHO, other than the figs, this set is a whole lotta "meh." I mean, the figs are great, but this has a bad price-to-pieces count, isn't an exceptionally good playset (it's just another A-Wing--though this time in green--and a kinda neat little control room), and (a little bias here) isn't as cool as I think the Palpatine's Arrest woulda been. If this was a really fresh playset with more pieces as well as containing these awesome figs, I would consider getting it. I don't really feel like spending a perfectly good $100+ tax/shipping to get some Mon Cal figs.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Is it really gonna be $100? I was looking at the pics and I started to think this isn't that bad of a set for $50-$60...this is worst than the endor bunker.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby HothTrooper » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 pm

It's actually going to be $109 USD according to the info given at Toy Fair.

I voted for this set in the poll, but at that time, I was hoping it was going to be akin to 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer. That style would have made for a much better set in my opinion. As is, this one has great new minifigs and the briefing room seems to be well constructed. However, I like the 6207 A-Wing better than this one and the hangar and control room are little more than filler. I think I'll pass on this one unless I can get it on sale.
HothTrooper

Postby Tyrant » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:40 pm

The set looks interesting and the figures look great. However, I agree with others on the price point issues. Here's hoping that TRU has a sale towards XMas that actually includes SW. The last one did so there's hope. Using the buy two get one free (which I think is the sale they have around that time) sale on this, the Endor set, and the Troll Mountain Fortress (I'm a Castle fan, otherwise I would double one of these) would be the way I would personally try to get this set.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby ricefields » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Do people think this set will be around in large supplies come christmas for sales? The minifig resellers will be all over this and buy as many as they can and sell the minifigs individually on ebay and bricklink considering all but one minifig are unique in this set, and the likelihood of seeing these minifigs in other sets will be unlikely. Maybe the economy will still be gloomy and the set will be around for awhile for sales.

It was a toss up between palpatine arrest and this set but in the end I voted for home one because there are more unique minifigs that can be/could have been created in the home one scenario. Palpatine arrest would have captured at most 4 minifigs (5 if you really want to add anakin) in the scene. And three of them are already available (mace windu, kit fisto, and palpatine-from venator) which leaves agen kolar and sasee tinn. I would love to have lego make sasee tinn, but the many unique minifigs in home one outweigh the two possible opportunities in the arrest scene. Agen kolar minifig would not be too hot since he is of the same alien race as maul but brown skinned instead of being painted red/black.

We would never know but the arrest set could have contained two scenes also with one side with padme, anakin at her quarters including his speeder he used to go over to palpatine and the other with palpatine's office. This would have been a great opportunity to introduce finally a new flesh skin padme in an anniversary set!
ricefields

Postby Flynn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:27 pm

ThinkingImpaired wrote:Is it really gonna be $100? I was looking at the pics and I started to think this isn't that bad of a set for $50-$60...this is worst than the endor bunker.

Obviously, the Endor Bunker gives you more figs and peices for less money.

Did anyone notice that Lando seems to have a slightly different face print? It looks a little more "cheerful" than the previous head design. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Mon Mothma looks like she has Anakin's CW hairstyle. This says something about both of them, but I'm not sure what.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Crusader » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:24 am

It appears that Obi-Wan never did tell Luke that truth about his father. Anakin didn't become Darth Vader, he became the leader of the rebellion along with a few other "cosmetic" changes.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby CoR3Bu » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:25 am

Wow, this set looks sweet! XD I am definitely gonna get this set.
It looks like it actually might be able to fit the new "Midi" MF in
the hangar bay. Yes, I agree this set would be a lot better if the
price was lower, but that's not gonna stop me from getting it!
I'm also think, that those capes look quite good! White and
light purple. If I priced it I think it would've been $55 ;) !

Colonel Reaginal Bulstrode, to attention men! >:(
CoR3Bu

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 am

ricefields wrote:Do people think this set will be around in large supplies come christmas for sales? The minifig resellers will be all over this and buy as many as they can and sell the minifigs individually on ebay and bricklink considering all but one minifig are unique in this set, and the likelihood of seeing these minifigs in other sets will be unlikely.

To be honest, I don't think this set is a great candidate for minifig-reselling. $109 for 6 figs? The A-Wing pilot is really only worth $5 or so, so that leaves $104 for 5 figs. I just don't think there's enough demand to sell those 5 figs and get more than 70 or 80 dollars out of them. (Say $30 for Lando, $15 for Akbar/Calmari, and $10 for the other two) That wouldn't be to shabby if you want the parts for $30, but I don't think many people will have a lot of success making money off this set. Especially considering all we're really getting that's new is the Calmari heads and some printed torsos. Sure, Lando prices are sky-high right now, but only 14 of them have sold at those prices in the past 6 months. My feeling is that we'll see a few Landos and Calmaris go for high prices when these first hit BL, and then see prices drop to about what I mentioned above. But I could definitely be wrong about the potential pent-up demand for Calmari figs. I also wouldn't exactly be surprised if LEGO put Ackbar and/or Lando in a magnet set later this year.

Now, the Endor playset is another story. I could easily see making back the $100 price of the set by selling all 12 figs. (In fact, I'm keen on the parts, but don't need more SW figs, so I'm hoping to do this myself.)
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:38 am

I had managed to block from my memory that this was a TRU Exclusive. Guess that explains why it is so overpriced. Bummer, as I would have liked to get this, but no way can I justify spending over $100 on this. For me, anyway, it isn't even remotely worth that price, and as a TRU Exclusive, I can pretty much guarantee that it will NEVER drop to the price point where I would think it WAS worth it, much less to the price point that I would usually shoot for, which is usually 15-20% below what I consider a REASONABLE retail price.

More power to those of you that have no problem affording this at that price, as it is, IMHO, a very cool set.
Mister Ed

Postby Master Fetty » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:07 am

The packaging states this is a "fan's choice" edition. Can you elaborate?

Very early in the development process we decided to ask our consumers what model we should make to celebrate LEGO Star Wars' 10th anniversary. TRU was our partner in that process. We prepared three concept visuals representing three very different and very iconic Star Wars models and scenes. TRU posted those concept visuals on their web site and consumers in the US and Germany voted for their favorite.

Conecpt visuals? I don't remember ever seeing them? Anyone got a link to them'?
Master Fetty

Postby Solo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:26 pm

This is the only "concept visual" I remember, and it didn't come from LEGO. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Athos » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:04 pm

It looks like a nice set to me. Though I'm not sure I can justify spending $100 on it.

Solo wrote:This is the only "concept visual" I remember, and it didn't come from LEGO. ;)

OK, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who hadn't seen the concept art. I wonder if they got confused with the town voting thing, which did have the concept illustrations...

Steve
Athos

Postby HothTrooper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm

The only "concept art" I'm aware of is the screen caps from the films posted with the original poll. They can still be viewed at The Brothers Brick for anyone that wants to take a look. Now that I look at them again, the pic for choice three does look like a fairly accurate concept representation of the final set we got.
HothTrooper

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm

I'm so on the fence about this, compared to the Endor set (which is a must). So far, some days it looks great and others there's a nagging voice telling me there's something missing or not quite right about the set.

If anything tips the balance, it'll be the fact that Madine - the first figure I ever bought and the only one I had for months! - is in it. And yes, I know I should be wanting Ackbar most of all! :roll: :x
Jabba the Taff

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Mister Ed wrote:I had managed to block from my memory that this was a TRU Exclusive. Guess that explains why it is so overpriced.

True, so true.

I didn't realize it was a TRU exclusive, but as soon as I opened the link to sw.com and saw the TRU logo my jaw dropped. They've carried some nice sets (NOT the Twilight), but they luuuuuv to jack up the price. I'm sure S@H will carry it eventually, though.

I'd really like to get set because it's so unlike what is usually produced by Lego for the SW line. SW playsets are uncommon (what was the last one? like the Ultimate Duel from ROTS?), so this set appears to be spectacular in that there's three elements (bridge, briefing room, hangar) plus four previously unreleased minifigs. The updated A-Wing also looks great in its new colors.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby ricefields » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Puddleglum wrote:
ricefields wrote:Do people think this set will be around in large supplies come christmas for sales? The minifig resellers will be all over this and buy as many as they can and sell the minifigs individually on ebay and bricklink considering all but one minifig are unique in this set, and the likelihood of seeing these minifigs in other sets will be unlikely.

To be honest, I don't think this set is a great candidate for minifig-reselling. $109 for 6 figs? The A-Wing pilot is really only worth $5 or so, so that leaves $104 for 5 figs. I just don't think there's enough demand to sell those 5 figs and get more than 70 or 80 dollars out of them. (Say $30 for Lando, $15 for Akbar/Calmari, and $10 for the other two) That wouldn't be to shabby if you want the parts for $30, but I don't think many people will have a lot of success making money off this set.

Now, the Endor playset is another story. I could easily see making back the $100 price of the set by selling all 12 figs. (In fact, I'm keen on the parts, but don't need more SW figs, so I'm hoping to do this myself.)

I agree the Endor set will yield more on the minifigs and playset aftermarket. The magic number is getting about 40% of the purchased price for the set pieces and the minfigs will bring in the money to get you over the top hopefully. I don't know why people do this but history on ebay has shown that buyers are willing to pay 50% for the set without mnifigs in the beginning. The A wing pilot and Awing fighter can also be sold easily on their own since the current one 6207 is going for $30 and up.

in regard to the last playset before this, I would consider the 6211 star destroyer or 7666 hoth base sort of like playsets unless Mandalorian Candidat was talking about two or more scenes connected on a platform in which case ultimate duel does not fall into either. These type of multi scene playsets would only include death star and cloud city.
ricefields

Next

Return to Star Wars