Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UCS Models by Gareth

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

UCS Models by Gareth

Postby Staff » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Gareth Bowler, longtime SW mocmaker extraordinaire, has been posting some new/newish/old models to Brickshelf. Here's a couple of his latest, a UCS Speederbike, and an updated A-Wing!

Click here for the full gallery!

Of the two, my favorite is the speederbike, which has some really great details I like, such as tires for the handle grips, and some fantastic greebling where the steering vanes connect to the main body.

Click here for the A-Wing gallery!

The A-Wing is sleek as ever. The canopy stands out to me.
Click here for the full UCS gallery, which includes a new TIE Interceptor, Swamp Speeder, and General Grievous Fighter.

We've gotten emails and forum posts from people asking where Gareth's spotlight page from the old site is. It's archived, but we're still trying to cement our plans for handling spotlights here on the new site. Although we may not end up featuring individual builders with their own pages like we used to, we still intend to highlight the best and most amazing Star Wars-related creations we find.

Share your thoughts via the Comments button below.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/04/23/new-ucs-models-by-gareth/
Staff

Re: UCS Models by Gareth

Postby wrecks » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

wow these look awsome :shock: theyre all pretty amazing but i thing my favorite is maybe swamp speeder..? i always liked that vehicle. also the front of the away looks pretty cool too, i like the split in the middle, most modles dont have that. i saved the gallery, ill loo kthrough there later
wrecks

Postby b4p » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:19 pm

nice work. i want to make a speederbike now :lol:
b4p

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:35 pm

It's always great to see more work by Gareth. He's among my UCS "idols" and I really admire the detail and movie-accuracy his work possesses. That A-Wing is just about the most killer version I've ever seen and the girl posing with General Grievous' starfighter is really very cute! The fighter itself though is perhaps too dark a colour, but looks very good all the same.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby harrison » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:58 am

Plenty of photo's of the A-wing to work out how to build it and what parts required, if only Gareth made instructions :'(
harrison

Postby Joedward » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:34 am

He made instructions for one of his A-wing renditions, along with a fair few others. (His original bit on old FBTB)
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Animated Flesh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:57 am

Years ago I bought all the necessary parts for the "Probe Droid", but never had the time to build it. Now the old fbtb-site is gone and I lost the instructions that were placed once here: http://web.archive.org/web/200712311638 ... index.html

Has someone saved a copy and could send it to me?

Regards

AF
Animated Flesh

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase