Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Rock Band...CONFIRMED!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Rock Band...CONFIRMED!

Postby liquidcross » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 am

It's coming out later this year.

If you've worried about your youngsters being exposed to the evils of rock music, worry no longer: LEGO Rock Band is coming this holiday season on PS3, 360, Wii and DS to deliver us all from said evil. The game, currently being developed by TT Games and Harmonix, will use all the existing Rock Band/Guitar Hero peripherals.

The family-focused version of the game will allow you to customize your "minifigure avatars" along with your road crew and managers. The kid-friendly song list hasn't been fully disclosed, but we know it'll include:

* Blur: "Song 2"
* Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"
* Europe: "The Final Countdown"
* Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"
* Pink: "So What"

(Source)
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Re: LEGO Rock Band...CONFIRMED!

Postby CaptainPike » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:25 am

You know what? I'm down with a family friendly version of Rock Band. We love the game but a lot of songs are not appropriate content or skill wise for young children. Making it a Lego game is just a bonus. Good call TT and Harmonix.
CaptainPike

Postby Jargon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:06 am

Amazing . . . I now have no excuse not to go next-gen.
There'd better be some physical sets accompanying this!
    - Aaron
P.S. After reading the comments on the original article, I am convinced that not enough people on the Internet have a sense of humor. Puhlease!
Last edited by Jargon on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jargon

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:10 am

Unlike the optimistic ones above me, I think this is a rather dumb idea. I really see no need for having a LEGO version of Rockband, especially when it's the same game, just with LEGO characters. LEGO is really going away from their roots, and really, I have a feeling it's gonna turn out bad if they continue down this path.
Turkguy19

Postby Jargon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 am

I beg to differ, Turkguy19.
One of the frequent criticisms of LEGO Indianna Jones and LEGO Batman was that they were essentially the same game as LEGO Star Wars. This is a departure from what they've done before, yet it still is strongly tied to the LEGO brand.
Plus, the family-friendly aspect allows this game to serve a sizable niche that would have been uncomfortable buying Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero for their children.
Plus, there's been a desire for LEGO musician sets for quite a while, and this provides an excellent opportunity to do so.
I suppose it will ultimately be time, however, that tells.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:21 am

And I beg to differ, it's still a very lame idea.
Turkguy19

Postby onions » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 am

Jargon wrote:Plus, there's been a desire for LEGO musician sets for quite a while,

oh really now
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am

oh wait i think i read that wrong. you mean musical instrument elements don't you?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:46 am

Reading this just leaves me with one big question mark on top of my head...

:S
Daz Hoo

Postby firehawk302 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 am

I completely agree with you tarkguy. This is the lamest thing I think LEGO has ever done. I know I won't be buying it. And the songs they chose suck. :roll:
>>My store>>http://www.BrickMakerCustoms.webs.com <<My store!<<
firehawk302

Postby Tervlon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:20 pm

I say it sounds like fun. Love Rock Band and Legos. Strange? Sure! But Creativity is always a big bonus.
Tervlon

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:34 pm

All I can say is, I'm not really upset that this is not being released for PC. I can see where it would have a market, and more power to those that constitute that market, but I am not part of it.

The only thing that would bug me about this, and this is PURELY selfish, is if devoting resources to this meant that LEGO games I WOULD enjoy got pushed back/cancelled. But unless they announced that, how would I ever know?
Mister Ed

Postby Solo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:46 pm

This seems unnecessary... but I'm sure it will sell.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:25 pm

No way.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby bigospedros » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm

folks in the chat woulda read me talking about this about 2 weeks ago ... although there was nothing confirmed at the time, nor any screen shots.

If this leads to minifigure scale instruments for real, then brill ... we've needed them for a while.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Masta' Bo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Of course it is unnessesary...most video games are.

But seriosuly, I'm gonna side with Jargon on this. It's not a dumb idea. It's a good way to make a kid-friendly Rock Band game. Some of the songs on all these music games, be it GH or RB, are not all, er, appropriate. In fact, some songs are rather dark.

There is no need for the game, but was there a need for LSW: the Video Game? No. Turkguy, I don't know what you mean by LEGO going away from its roots in this situation. One might have said LEGO went away from its roots when it got its first movie license, or when it produced its first computer game, or when the first LEGO console game came out. Is LEGO forgetting its roots? No, LEGO is not going away from its roots in the slightest...TLG is just expanding, in my mind.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby BrandonB9 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 pm

I think that this is actually a cool idea, I liked the game play of Rock Band, I just didn't like all of the cussing so I will probably get this because of the kid friendly songs. I just hope they put some LEGO songs in. :)
BrandonB9

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Masta' Bo wrote:There is no need for the game, but was there a need for LSW: the Video Game? No. Turkguy, I don't know what you mean by LEGO going away from its roots in this situation. One might have said LEGO went away from its roots when it got its first movie license, or when it produced its first computer game, or when the first LEGO console game came out. Is LEGO forgetting its roots? No, LEGO is not going away from its roots in the slightest...TLG is just expanding, in my mind.

What is so hard to understand what getting away from their roots means? LEGO started as a building toy, not a video game company.

Also, I want to point out, LEGO minifig instruments would look kinda lame. The design themselves might not look bad, but, try putting them in a minifigs hand, and see how they look. Thy would either be over sized, and lame, or the minifig wouldn't look right holding it because it can't bend right, and thus, still be lame.
Turkguy19

Postby infallible » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:52 pm

I saw this on the front page, and said, "Wait, we had the Power Miners thing for April Fool's. What's this?" It really seems like a funky April Fool's joke. But that it's real is awesome. I love Rock Band, but am not too good at it. This one sounds like it'll have a really fun song lineup, and will probably be lots of fun to play. I'm on it, and can't wait to play Kung Fu Fighting!
infallible

Postby Masta' Bo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Well...like it or lump it.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Next

Return to Licensed Themes