Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

May 3rd/4th Lego Shop Exclusive Anniversary Offer

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

May 3rd/4th Lego Shop Exclusive Anniversary Offer

Postby legofactory » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:51 pm

So I was checking things out online and I found out that if you shop at lego.com on May 3rd or 4th, you will receive a exclusive limited edition offer celebrating the 10th anniversary of LEGO star wars. I'm really excited and can't wait for May 3rd to see the exclusive offer !

You guys got any ideas what it might be?? I think its probably a small item like a keychain, poster or an exclusive mini set maybe?
legofactory

Re: May 3rd/4th Lego Shop Exclusive Anniversary Offer

Postby onions » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:26 pm

where'd you hear this info?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby legofactory » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:44 pm

PLUS !!! I confirmed this with a lego shop at home customer rep. I called them to ask them what its about and they told me its a secret they have to keep. They just got the news last week too !

And onions, I got the info from brickset. Why?
legofactory

Postby onions » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:56 pm

just curious where it got "leaked".

/whistles innocently
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mos_Eisley » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:29 pm

I saw this last week on the newest calendar in the Ontario LEGO store. It didn't say what the exclusive was so I didn't think it was post-worthy.
Mos_Eisley

Postby chawan_cut » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:23 pm

is it the 3rd OR 4th or 3rd AND 4th?
thanks!
chawan_cut

Postby Solo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Yes.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Drock » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:00 pm

May the 4th be with you
Drock

Postby ufjason » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 am

It's the chrome vader!

Totally unconfirmed but my educated guesses are often right.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby donneyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:27 am

I hope it is a rerelease of the Mos Eisly Cantina, or Jabba's Palace with yellow minifigs.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby bigospedros » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:51 am

Here's a scan of the flyer :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toomuchdew ... 4/sizes/o/

I don't believe this will be a chrome vader ... at least not in the USA ... I mean, wouldn't that annoy all the punters who've been buying lots of sets to try and get one?!

I reckon it might some kind of money off deal or something like that (i.e. like the days when you get a scratchcard which entitles you to varying percentages off your purchases).
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:56 am

Is this Shop at Home worldwide? Or USA only?
And do you have to buy something and get this offer afterwards with the ordering confirmation? Or do you see what it is and get it together with the thing you buy?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby bigospedros » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:00 am

Not sure anyone knows the answers to those questions, sadly. The flyer is from a USA store, so we know it'll be in the USA ... but right now, that's all we know.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby SkwerlJones » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Does anyone know if there is a price limit? Can we just buy a $3 dollar set and still get it?

One more question, in what sense are they using the word offer? If we buy something do we automatically get another item in return, or are we just eligible to purchase it?

Last thing, if train A leaves the station..
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Pdragon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Wowzas. What day of the week is May 3rd? If its on the weekend, man...I' sooo staying up till 12 AM....
Pdragon

Postby yankeeken » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:13 pm

May 3rd is a Sunday.
yankeeken

Postby Pdragon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Yes! Any ideas as to whether this is an actual set or a free giveaway with purchase?
Pdragon

Postby Blondie-Wan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 am

I hope no one minds if I quote myself here with what I posted in the SW forum at Eurobricks:

Just for fun, I'll go ahead and throw in my own wildly uninformed speculation and conjecture, because goodness knows one can never find enough of it on the internet.

I'll assume it is indeed a special commemorative minifigure - we know it's a physical item, after all, and I don't think TLC would do a special production run of a whole discontinued set (or multiple discontinued sets) just for a two-day event, so I'm thinking it's something simple and small. It has to be something "nonessential," meaning something that there's not a huge demand for in a regular set - no major characters, say - yet at the same time have the sort of cachet to be a great fan-service item, and one recognizable to lots of the hardcore but not likely to appear in a set; this points to an EU character, one from some quasi-obscure tale(s) not frequently referenced today, yet appearing in something sufficiently well-known to be appreciable by a great many of the hardcore fans. This suggests a character from some really early EU production / publication. It also has to be something really distinctive, which suggests some new alien character, perhaps with a custom head element, yet at the same time, since it's just a promotional item offered for a brief time, it couldn't require some expensive new mold, so it must be entirely made of existing LEGO elements, but perhaps ones no longer in regular production, and / or in different colors than before, and ideally, something that could make use of colors heavily represented in the current production palette, such as one of the dominant hues in the Power Miners line.

The answer, then, is quite clear: it's obviously a Jaxxon minifig, using the Nesquik Bunny headpiece in lime green. You're all welcome.

:p ;)
Blondie-Wan

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:23 pm

Wow, this really sounds incredible in my opinion. It's got to be something pretty awesome considering it is the 10th anniversary. I just need to mark this on my calender so I don't forget ;) .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Next

Return to Star Wars