Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

Postby starwarsman222 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 pm

With just about all the 2009 sets revealed I was wondering what the people of this site had in terms for ideas.

Here are mine:

1. AT-OT
2. UT-AT
3. New Droid Battle Pack(one with actual battle droids in it.)
4. Tri Droid
5. Crab Droid
6. Any kind of Separtist Frigate
7. Jedi Battle Pack
8. 501st legion, 212th legion, 41st Legion, etc, battle pack
9. Droid Commando or Clone Commando Battle Pack
10. AT-RT?

those are my ideas, tell me what you guys think

P.S. I am new here, wassup everyone

[Title edited in an effort to remove chronological constraints and further define intended thread content. -Dray]
Last edited by Draykov on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: clarify title
starwarsman222

Re: Lego Star Wars 2010 Idea Thread

Postby commander gero » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi im new but here are my thoughts :

escape pod and pod hunter
minifigs: plokoon,boost,sinker,wolf and space droids

toydarian cruiser
minifigs:toydarian leader,guards,ventress,and 2battle droids

nebray mantis encounter
minifigs: plokoon andstar fighter,matchstick and tag in y-wing, and brickbuilt nebray mantis

malevalinice
minifigs and extras:mtt train,2 vulture droids,grievous starfighter,grievous,5 battle droids,2 firefighter droids,3 super battle droids,obiwan,anakin,padme,c3po,r2d2,3pilot droids, and 1 droidekas

clone com outpost
minifigs:pod hunter with 5 commando droids,echo,fives,cutout,heavy,cody and rex

vultures claw
minifigs:ganakit,3 assasin droids,r2,r3,anakin,ahsoka with hood,and some extra droids

skytop station
minifigs:grievous,10 battle droids,5supers,2 vulture droids,ahsoka,anakin,rex,denal,3clones,r2, and r3

i could go on and on so for now ill leave it at that
commander gero

Postby Jettbacca » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Malevolence I might get.

Clone Hospital and Y Wing
Minifigs: Kaminoans x2, 3 Clones, Obi Wan, Pilot, Anakin
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby darth jason » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:15 pm

OK, this is always fun stuff, i think that they can build on some old designs.

I'd like to see an rebuild of the republic cruiser(radiant VII) into a republic frigate( the militarized version in the clone wars tv series) maybe a couple of pilot droids and a new Luminari mini and maybe shock ti since they have a nice headdress from asoka's mini and maybe a new astro mech droid. i have the counsular from PM w/qui gon and obi wan and not only was it a really fun build it looks really good and has some neat functions

How about some new "stock" tie fighters maybe a tie bomber in the new color scheme like darth vaders tie advanced.

a new mos eisley cantina since that would give them and excuse to use the Greedo/Uncle ono head(or whatever his name was from the cartoon) maybee have the ponda and Dr evazan.

i would definatly like to see some new OT building sets for 2010.
darth jason

Postby Super33 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 pm

I know they already have an AT-AT but I would really like to get my hands on a UCS AT-AT, something incredible, minifig scale would be nice. Also, a UCS Imperial Landing Craft.
Super33

Postby Teekay » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

What I definately want is the Invisible Hand in ISD scale. It could have control place, hanger, a hallway, Dooku-dueling arena, and a sewer place (Ep III deleted scenes).

Also, I think that we need some more Jedi. I want a Jedi Council set. With all the Jedi in the council in RotS. Yes, I know it would be expensive. Price is no object. Yes, I know young kids wouldn't be interested. Fine, include a couple speeders. There. Best we could hope for is $50.
(Editor's Note: Yes, in the previous paragraph, Teekay knows that TLG would never make this. He is just dreaming. Pay no attention. Unless you're TLG.)

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby kapoom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm

I think a freeco bike set from episode 15 or something like that would be neat. It would have a couple of those snow-clones and a talz or two with their animals. It wouldn't be expensive, probably 20 dollars or something.

I know this has been said before, but a cantina set with a good number of new aliens would be nice. It would have some of the band, Muftak, the bartender, Greedo, that guy that lost his arm, and some others.

Also a senate scene would be really cool. This would also have some aliens, but would be more a set for minifigures and a couple of those floating pods.
kapoom

Postby Archangel » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:45 pm

More UCS kits, chiefly:

* A true UCS AT-AT to go with the AT-ST.
* A-Wing
* B-Wing
* TIE Fighter / Bomber (heck we got Darth's and the Interceptor already)
* Jar-Jar Binks bust (for target practice)

In the regular scale (staying away from CW), I'd like to see a lot more small vignette sets like Jedi Defense, Duel, etc, but with a twist. take a Cantina playset and break it up into sections, say six, which could then be assembled into one large Cantina scene. I think Cloud City might be able to be done in such a manner as well. Death Star, not so much, even if they hadn't done 10188....the physics are just a bit much. My votes for something like this would be:

Cantina
Cloud City
Lars Family Ranch
Jedi Council

Even if TLG didn't do something like this, I'd stlll like the vignettes.....inexpensive, good way to collect character pieces, and small. Definitely something the Lego line needs apart from Battle Packs.
Archangel

Postby Flynn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:00 pm

I had a similar idea for that, it would kind of work like Jabba's Palace, I suppose. I think a way of dividing the Cantina up would be:

Entryway, with Luke, 3PO and R2
Band area, with two Modal Nodes (sp?)
Random seat, with 1 or 2 aliens
Bar, with Dr. Evazon, Pondo Baba and Obi-Wan
Rest of bar, with bartender and Muftak
seat with Han and Greedo

Of course, it might be wise to combine the major events (Han & Greedo, Bar, entryway, band) into one 30-50 dollar playset, and then sell little add-ons with more aliens.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby SyncMaster » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Theta-class shuttle (Brned Anakin w/ emperor and clones)
Nimbus-class v-wing starfighter (clone pilot)
CR70 corvette (Bail Organa, yoda, ect.) or (C3po, r2d2, Leia, rebel troopers)
DC0052 speeder (Anakin)
XJ-2 airspeeder (w/ yoda and Bail Organa)
Podracers
SyncMaster

Postby lordvader208 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Teekay wrote:What I definately want is the Invisible Hand in ISD scale. It could have control place, hanger, a hallway, Dooku-dueling arena, and a sewer place (Ep III deleted scenes).

Also, I think that we need some more Jedi. I want a Jedi Council set. With all the Jedi in the council in RotS. Yes, I know it would be expensive. Price is no object. Yes, I know young kids wouldn't be interested. Fine, include a couple speeders. There. Best we could hope for is $50.
(Editor's Note: Yes, in the previous paragraph, Teekay knows that TLG would never make this. He is just dreaming. Pay no attention. Unless you're TLG.)

~Sam (Teekay)

I agree with you TK. Add to that a working elevator filled with battle droids. Oh and like 5 escape pods. :D
lordvader208

Postby Brickoholic » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Hey, I'm new as well.

Just some ideas I have:

Yavin IV Base One
- General Jan Dodonna, Princess Leia, Biggs, new pilot (Red Leader or Porkins would be nice), new astromech, Rebel Technician with pilot transport, technician vechicle that lifts astromech into y-wing/x-wing
- Could include the command centre
- Doesn't need any new renditions of the y-wing or x-wing

Tantive IV minifig scale ship
- Minifigs: Captain Antilles, helpful Rebel Friend, Princess Leia, C3P0, R2D2, 2x Rebel Alderaan troops

Re-issue of the UCS Tantive IV set

UCS Lambda-class shuttle
- with boarding ramp that opens from the neck of the vessel
Brickoholic

Postby the dutch guy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:58 pm

i think lego should release more locations,
like kashyyyk beach, or coruscant streets
don't you just love patriotism...
the dutch guy

Postby commander gero » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 am

ok more 2010 sets

rodia playset
minifigs and extras:landing dock with padmes ship with giant magnet,prisoner cell,com center,kwazel ma,onnaconda farr,his assistant,padme with hood piece,jarjar with spiecial hood,c3p0,gunray,5 battledroids,3 supers,

venator(i know there making one but it just dosent do it for me)
minifigsand extras:reactor room,landing bay with republic shuttle and 3 crashed pod hunters,detenion level,lots of hallways and other rooms,luminara,ahsoka,4 commando guards,captin arguyus,commander gree,10 clones,10 supers,10 battledroids,ventress,gunray

grievous lair
minifigs:grievous,gor,doctor droid,5battledroid,gunray hologram,5magnagaurds,3 clones,commander phil,kitfisto,nadarrvebb

theres some more clonewars sets
commander gero

Postby onions » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 am

shouldn't you guys worry about trying to get 2009 before thinking about what 2010 should be like? :p
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm already planning out the 2015 designs myself, base on episodes 7, 8 and 9 that will be released in 2012. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby starwarsman222 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:13 pm

onions wrote:shouldn't you guys worry about trying to get 2009 before thinking about what 2010 should be like? :p

well we already know what is coming in 2009, this is just an idea thread

plus, threads like these are fun
starwarsman222

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Well, I guess I have a few ideas of what sets I would love to see...as always:

Yavin 4 Moon Base - not necissarily a hanger, but a control room with the possibility of some new figures.
Mos Eisley Cantina - a set that would have much more to offer than the original with a new land speeder.
AT-OT - still one of the sets I was sure lego would make after I saw Episode III.
501st Legion Battlepack - they made a battlepack for just about everything else, so why not this?
Tantive IV - one like the 6211 ISD playset idea, only better constructed.
Theed Royal Palace - we don't really have anything like this.
Jedi Temple - always wanted one of these of a jedi council set.

I'd be very happy to see some of those be made by the lego designers :D .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jettbacca » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Jedi Battle Pack? Have a small ship, a small Command Post and Obi Wan, Mace, Yoda, Kit Fisto, and Shaak Ti. Probably been suggested a million times though.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Raequan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Shaak Ti, now THERE's an idea. What about a Jedi Temple playset? It could come with Anakin, Mace Windu, Yoda, Shaak Ti, and Obi-Wan
Raequan

Next

Return to Star Wars