Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

VW Beetle - anybody got it?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

VW Beetle - anybody got it?

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 am

After a surprise 100-1 win on the Grand National, I'm about this || close to buying the VW Beetle. But at the last minute I'm um-ing and ah-ing. So I'm wondering if anyone has this and if they thought it was worth it. Cheers.
Jabba the Taff

Re: VW Beetle - anybody got it?

Postby Arkov » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:18 pm

I got two and I think it's worth it; Lots of dark blue, some light blue, and it's on sale at Amazon for $93.76 right now.
Arkov

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 am

Cheers, you tipped the balance. It's on its way. Unfortunately, the UK Amazon doesn't carry much Lego, so it was full price. Roll on Sat morning.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Nezumiiro » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:00 pm

I have two, one unopened (my brick 401k!) and one I've built. Love this set above ALL my others, including my SW sets. It just seems too perfect. I'm a big VW nut though, so you may get different mileage/enjoyment out of it than I did.
The Commemorative Text-Based Rage Gage
███████████████████████████████
(P.S. Read my BLOG)
Nezumiiro

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Just finished building it. And I have to agree with you, a fantastic set and build. Well worth the money. Thanks for the advice.

Wouldn't mind them releasing the Aston Martin model they show in the back of the instructions as well, btw.
Jabba the Taff

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm

If I ever found a great deal on one I'd get it for a friend...he's a huge VW fan.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 pm

ThinkingImpaired wrote:If I ever found a great deal on one I'd get it for a friend...he's a huge VW fan.

Yeah, found out one of my friends who's into Beetles got one for Christmas and loved it, despite not loving Lego. Strange boy...
Jabba the Taff

Return to Licensed Themes