Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby Chaotic Good » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

I'm Chaotic Good. I'm not sure when I first found FBTB - I think it was sometime in '06 - but I finally joined the forums near the end of '08.

My username comes from spending too much time playing PC RPG Games... ;)

I also found the great hobby of Minifig Customization at the start of '08. And exploring the spectrum of it took up most of my time...by July I was using waterslide decals.

I'm a fan of Star Wars, LEGO, and Lord Of The Rings.

And pizza. I like pizza, too. :D

- CG
The clocks were striking thirteen..
Flickr
Chaotic Good

Postby Xiphos Systems » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 am

Hey folks...long time no see. Heard the old forums got nuked, so I figured I'd drop by and see what's goin' on.

Don't know if any of you remember me...was still Xiphos Systems back in the day. I'm 21, originally from Pine Junction, Colorado (out in the mountains), though I'm currently based in St. Louis, getting a Mechanical Engineering degree (w/Aerospace minor). I'm an avid cellist, and an accomplished slacker.

Been in kind of a dark age recently, LEGO-wise...all my bricks are packed up. Gotta break out of it soon, though, 'cause I've got to build something for my girlfriend's birthday in April.

So, anyways, yeah. That's me. Nice to be back.
Xiphos Systems

Postby SavaTheAggie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 am

I'm the same SavaTheAggie. Pretty much a FBTB lurker. Nothing to see here, move along.

--Tony
It's a long row to hoe
When the seeds that you sow
Grow by the wicked moon
SavaTheAggie

Postby Emperor » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:37 am

My name is Andrew as most of the older memebers know, I frequent the chat room under the name of EmperorAndrew or Empy. I have been around fub-tub for a while now and I served as an esteemed member of the elite select few chosen to be the jury on the cas of Donald Q. Solo, I have been a star wars fan all my life and love lego with every bone in my body. I play football on the O and D line, and I am in a musical theatre production of "Fiddler on the Roof".

I play an MMO which takes up most of my time on the internet, and am pretty much constantly on facebook, I like to lift weights, read books, text friends, eat fast food, and am vehemently against drugs and alcohol. I find anime to be pointless and sucky, and somewhere deep down I have a dislike for british people named "Jake"(and sometimes Edward Wilkinson) Over these long years people like Don and Ry have come to realize how much of an idiot I am when I'm around other internetlings, and I hope that I can turn a new leaf with the new forum :)

If I could choose one person to take with me to a deserted island it would be Mike Crowley, aka "Count Blockula" Mike somehow manages to make me laugh even when I don't want to, if you ever have a bad day, all you gotta do is hit up Mike :D
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:47 am

I'm Rory, one of those noobs from 2005. ;) I'm not a fan of these lengthy introduction posts...

I'm just some guy, y'know?
The Jinja Ninja

Postby Super33 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:54 am

I'm Super33, super33 is a type of 3M electrical tape (the best). My interest in fine electrical tape is due to my electrician trade and my need for the finer things in life. I started using this name back in my gaming days, I was very heavy into a battlefield 1942 mod called Desert Combat, back then I used the name BlacKBoX but after the DC community started dying out I started shifting through different names, I stopped shifting at this name so here it is.

I've been interested in Legos since my days as a little kid. For me, even back then, most of the fun was in the building of legos rather then the playing with them. Unfortunately legos faded away as I grew older into my teenage years and were all but forgotten until.... at the hospital, during an ultrasound, it was brought to my attention that my wife was carrying a boy. Smiling from ear to ear one of the first things to sink into my head was the image of playing with my son with legos. He just passed his 5th birthday and he's accumulated varius sets big and small. He must have at least 4000 legos now. Well, I have to admit, I couldn't keep my hands off those bricks. My wife's family couldn't determine if they were buying those legos for my son or for me! So my lego search began, I needed something that would satisfy my need to build with bricks. It didn't take long before I realized lego had created a lego line just for me, Star Wars UCS. After a brief shopping spree I ended up with 4 UCS sets which I call the beginning of my vast collection. The 4th one was the Millenium Falcon, being a married man I think it's safe to say it'll be a little while before I'll be getting the 5th set. :? Even though these sets are great and fun to build, I find the most pleasure modifying them or simply taking them apart and building something of my own with the many pieces. I am a bit of a newb when it comes to lego talk, building startegies, and quite frankly what my mocs turn out to be but I'm getting better and having a great time!
Super33

Postby R2 Lou2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Names Lou. Been in the Lego game thirty years, man and boy. I'm married with three kids - Jake, Joedward and The Jinja Ninja. The Mrs. was called Jake too, Mrs. Snicket, left me for another woman.

:P
R2 Lou2

Postby Rook » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Wow lost in sea of names.

Well I'm Rook. I'm contest fiend. I love building Star Wars space ships. My user name is made up from letters in my name and then there the part about I play the card game "Rook" a lot too. Also it's a dark bird, since ties into stories and legends through out written history. I currently living in the frozen hell that is Ontario, Canada for all you So Cal kids that don't know there's a Province with the name too. :lol:
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Zepher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Names Zepher, some of you may know me, most of you love me. I like Lego. I think that you'll be able to figure out what I'm into by reading my posts. Yeah... that's really it.
Zepher

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Well, I'm still the same BigBenKenobi. As you might have noticed, I decided to take the spaces out between my name...just a decision I decided to make. So, I'm 16 years old at the moment...17 in April.

I was a lurker in the forums before I joined June 27, 2007.

I was the first or second killed in the zombie games because of a failed attack with Daz.

I'm from up around Cleveland, OH.

I love Star Wars and especially Lego Star Wars/FBTB with a passion.

I play golf and love it...along with some other sports.

Pizza, pasta, and anything Italian I love and will eat.

I'm currently a Junior in high school, and work as a caddie during the summer...I need some kind of income for legos and gas.

Well, it's good to see everyone, and those of you who are new around here :D .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

"Hoo" are you? Daz of course...

Postby Daz Hoo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Hello all!

My nickname here is Daz Hoo. I have been a member of the FBTB forums for a long long time. In fact, I first registered back when FBTB was still hosted on Yakface.com. I'm also one of the first ever moderator for the FBTB forums, and probably the first one to quit too. ;)

In real life, I'm a 34 year old Canadian, and I work as a Communication Coordinator for a professional order (a mandatory-by-law association of professionals here in Quebec). I'm married and I have a 17 months old son. My first language is French, so pardon my English. :D

My LEGO interests are mainly Star Wars and Space, but I do build Town stuff in order to participate in shows with my buddies from QuéLUG, the LUG that I'm part of and of which I'm on the Board of Directors.

That about does it for me. Nice to meet you all!

EDIT :
Yeah, the nickname thing... I'm not Asian in any way (not that it would matter). My nickname comes from a nickname my brother gave me when we were kids (Dazou), and I gave it a more "Star Wars-y" form when I first registered here. Now, most of the LEGO online community know me by that nickname.
Last edited by Daz Hoo on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daz Hoo

Postby the dutch guy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:19 pm

hello everybody,
i'm Vincent from Culemborg in the Netherlands.
i'm 12 years old, and have been building with lego as long as i can remember, my more specific lego interests include Star Wars -duh- and Indiana Jones (but that was before they made the flying wing :P ). i have the entire 2008 collection of indiana jones, and from starwars, my collection includes the ISD and the Falcon (both UCS).

outside of lego, i spend a lot of time on my computer playing games like GTA or Fallout 3. one of my hobbies is collecting flags: countries, states, organizations, whatever i like. i have 38 now.

i'm 'really' new to the forum, since i thought this change was a nice oppurtunity to finally register after 2-3 years of just reading.

well, that's me
don't you just love patriotism...
the dutch guy

Postby plums_deify » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:47 pm

You already know me, I promise. ;)

It's me, Caylin! Life's moved on, and it came time to drop the old moniker. So here I am--plums_deify. I'm a stickler for good grammar and English, which, coincidentally, is where my SN comes from:

Take any noun, put it with any verb, and you have a sentence. It never fails. Rocks explode. Jane transmits. Mountains float. These are all perfect sentences. Many such thoughts make little rational sense, but even the stranger ones (Plums deify!) have a kind of poetic weight that's nice.

Yay for Stephen King and his phenomenal book, On Writing.

So! Yeah. That's me. Little bit about myself? Married, live on a boat (AGAIN), and I'm a mod at Class-Castle. BrickCon 2008 people may know me as the Prize Goddess. 8-)

...ayup.
plums_deify

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:50 pm

You know, for the longest time I thought that was latin. Image/dolt
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby darth jason » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Darth Jason here,

I have been looking at Fbtb for a little over a year and a half after i first got interested in Star Wars lego's. Ive always been a big star wars geek and have always loved lego's going back to my first classic space set in 1978 when i was knee high to a grasshopper but when i saw some sets on display at my buddies house all bets were off; Here someone went and combinded the 2 loves of my child hood. What could be better? Well i guess lots but I'm easily amused.

Anywho..After the site was down for a week for rebuilding i decided to become a member. :geek:

So to make a long story short, I'm excited to start fishing around. Well, off to Chalman's for happy hour.

J
darth jason

Postby Big C » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Me Collin. Still play cello. Change name, new digs.

*snort*

*BRRAAAAAP*
Big C

Postby Event Horizon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:36 pm

I am a nerd.

I have been browsing FBTB since, I think, 2006, but my first try to join failed. (The E-mail I got was blank :shock:) I remember back when CelloCollin was still a mod.

My hobbies include LEGOs, (No duh) gaining knowledge, possibly philosophy, and a game that is loosely related to LEGOs.
Last edited by Event Horizon on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With law comes justice. With justice comes order. With order comes peace. With peace comes prosperity. And with prosperity comes knowledge.
Event Horizon

Postby Big C » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeah, that Cello Collin. What a fatty.
Big C

Postby Masta' Bo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey, I'm Masta' Bo. Unlike the wise Jayfo and CommanderJake, I have not reduced my name to Bo simply because 2 letter usernames suck, and I like my own little touch to the word master. ;)

I'm 16 and from the Detroit area of Michigan.
Anywhos, Iove Star Wars (who doesn't?), and LEGO, too (shocker, right?). I collect mainly SW, Harry Potter, and Castle; I MOC minimally, though I do enjoy it when I have the means. (Ya see, I don't like to take sets apart for pieces, so I don't have many pieces to work with).
Some might remember my old avatar, the tuba-playing cantina band member. I love music, especially classical and rock. I play tuba, and sometimes piano. Another interest is basketball, and on the other end of the spectrum of interests, at school, I enjoy biology and chemistry. I also dig video games, such as Guitar Hero or a platformer/side-scroller.

I'm excited to be here. Ever since I stumbled across this site in 2005 and joined the forums 2 years later, I have enjoyed talking to people who actually understand what it means to be a FOL.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Faulconbridge » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:28 pm

I am a 36 year old Star Wars and LEGO enthusiast from the middle of Minnesota. I've been around throught previous couple of editions of FBTB, so I thought I'd stake a claim here, too. I haven't been active for the past few months for a number of reasons. I have stopped buying LEGO of any kind for myself, but my wife and I have two little boys who will be picking up where I left off.
"It's just a game!"
"Not anymore."
Faulconbridge

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0