Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New LEGO DC Super Heroes Batman Set Images

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

New LEGO DC Super Heroes Batman Set Images

Postby Staff » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:25 am

76010 Batman- The Penguin Face off 1

Along with all of the other January 2014 images that have been unleashed to the public, LEGO DC Super Heroes sets have also been revealed. It's clear that DC Super Heroes sets must be based around Batman in order to be commercially successful. Which is understandable, and a bit of a shame. Still, I think there is room for some non-Batman sets that will still be appealing enough for a wide audience. Green Lantern comes to mind. I'm just saying.

76010 Batman: The Penguin Face off

76010 Batman- The Penguin Face off 1 76010 Batman- The Penguin Face off 2

76011 Batman: Man-Bat Attack

76011 Batman- Man-Bat Attack 1 76011 Batman- Man-Bat Attack 2

76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase

76012 Batman- The Riddler Chase 176012 Batman- The Riddler Chase 2

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/11/15/new-lego-dc-super-heroes-batman-set-images/
Staff

Re: New LEGO DC Super Heroes Batman Set Images

Postby yauchunh » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:50 am

Its a shame that the sets arent more diverse. Looks like I will just be buying flash and manbat off ebay or something thsi time around.... =(.

I would have loved to see more minifigures (especially considering they've introduced so many in their last games). Ras alghul...cyborg...martian manhunter...oracle...etc. Really tired of seeing penguin, riddler and batman.
yauchunh

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:49 am

I'm all over that Riddler Chase set. But, yeah, I'd LOVE a GL set. GL vs. Sinestro, with a mess of green and yellow bricks to build constructs. (Yes, I know they wouldn't give us that many Trans. Green (and Yellow) bricks. They wouldn't all have to be Trans. Green, just enough for accents to make them look energy based.)
Mister Ed

Postby gomek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:43 am

Not sure If I'm in the minority but I prefer the TT Games Flash, maybe just cause I've been looking at it in the games and movies for a year. I'm still excited to finally get an official Flash, but wish it was the TT games one.

Penguin set seems like a waste. No need for a 500th Batman. I could also name 50 other villains and 100 other heroes I'd rather have than a 3rd Penguin.

I know we're supposed to get Batgirl this year, but would have much preferred that to any of the batman rehashes.

I was kind of expecting Man-bat to be a rehash of the monsters figure, so I'm kind of meh on that. I'll get it, but can wait.

And again, what's with the no Green Lantern. At this point it seems Lego is withholding it on purpose. Seems like kind of a jerky move.

And I still with the people at TT Games were put in charge of product development. I always get the feeling TT Games understands the license much better then Lego.

/complaints
gomek

Postby CaptainFordo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:55 am

Agreed with the "enough Batman!" sentiments :P It's pretty maddening that with Spider-man, at least every one of his sets has featured a new and unique hero with him (Iron Fist, Nova, Nick Fury), with Batman we've only had Aquaman and now Flash and there's been WAY more "DC Superhero" sets than Spider-man-based Marvel sets.
CaptainFordo

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm

gomek wrote:Penguin set seems like a waste. No need for a 500th Batman. I could also name 50 other villains and 100 other heroes I'd rather have than a 3rd Penguin.

It actually makes the most sense to me, given that he's one of the A-List villains without a specific set to himself (and the only other one he's in is 160 bucks).

As to the rest, honestly I've just started treating this line as a Batman line rather than DC in general. Though it's worth noting the reason it's so Batman-specific is likely because DC itself is at the moment really frightened of doing anything that isn't Batman or Superman, so if you're upset at the lack of Green Lantern, blame DC and not LEGO.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby gomek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Flynn wrote:
gomek wrote:Penguin set seems like a waste. No need for a 500th Batman. I could also name 50 other villains and 100 other heroes I'd rather have than a 3rd Penguin.

It actually makes the most sense to me, given that he's one of the A-List villains without a specific set to himself (and the only other one he's in is 160 bucks).

As to the rest, honestly I've just started treating this line as a Batman line rather than DC in general. Though it's worth noting the reason it's so Batman-specific is likely because DC itself is at the moment really frightened of doing anything that isn't Batman or Superman, so if you're upset at the lack of Green Lantern, blame DC and not LEGO.

yeah, I wasn't really thinking about the price aspect with Penguin. I guess then I would have included a different figure in the more expensive set.

As for Green Lantern, he did get an animated series from Warner Brothers so I would say they've abandoned it completely. They just can't figure out how to make good movies.
gomek

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Speaking of Penguin, though, anyone notice he appears to have a new torso print akin to the character's costume in Batman Returns? Fitting, given the giant Rubber Ducky.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby mjacobson » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Brickset has a picture of another 2014 Batman set, 76013 Batman: The Joker Steamroller. We get Batman :O , Robin, Joker (with NEW HAT!) and... BATGIRL!

Same picture here: http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=76013-1, with added details later, I suppose.
mjacobson

Postby mjacobson » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:00 pm

I was coming on here to post about something else entirely when I came upon the above set on Brickset. What I originally want to post about was this: I saw on eBay some Chinese knock-offs of LEGO superhero minifigs. First one I saw was an auction for basic figures: Batman, Captain America, Spider-man, Iron Man, Superman, Man of Steel, Thor(?) and what piqued my curiosity: the polybag, purple-pants Hulk. This leads me to other auctions with a subset of Superman minis: Superman, Man of Steel, Zod, the polybag Jor-el, Black suit Superman, Clark Kent from the LEGO Batman The Movie DVD, the SDCC Bizarro and Cyborg Superman. They seem to come with blue Kryptonian crystals or green Kryptonite. Other auctions I've seen show them in individual boxes with trading cards that seem to have LEGO art on them. The auctions say they are not LEGO, but LEGO compatible. Is this news to anyone, or I am just late to the party?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-Super-Heros-Lego-Compatible-Mini-Figures-Man-of-Steel-set-/171184752079?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item27db6805cf
mjacobson

Postby Marty » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 pm

I have to agree with some of the comments above, the Batman line is getting too stale, I have not seen anything of late that say's these are great sets. The last one that did was the asylum, these latest one's just don't do it.
What would however if we had more villains, better Batcave for one, this time with Alfred! Also a decent set with Mr freeze & an actual Hide out for the main baddies. Also a well thought out bat car like the original with the firing rocket, now that was a set! I actually was moving away from getting anymore of these sets as of late they no longer hold any great interest for me now you know why, Marty
Marty

Return to Licensed Themes