Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Wal-Mart Lego Marvel game pre-orders cancelled?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Wal-Mart Lego Marvel game pre-orders cancelled?

Postby Beanish » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Last week the money for my pre-ordered Lego Marvel Superheroes (for PS3 - with exclusive Iron Patriot) was taken out of my account by walmart.com. Yay! It's on its way and I'll have it on release day!! ...or so I thought. This weekend, the money appeared back in my account. Also, I never received the confirmation eMail that it was on its way. So bright and early this morning, I wrote walmart.com customer service to see what was up. After a series of uninformative events, I eventually got to talk to a human being. She said that not only had my order been canceled "by a vendor cancelation," but all orders had, and that all I could do was place my order again.
So, my questions are these:

1.) Has anyone else encountered this?
2.) Has anyone received a "Your order has shipped" confirmation from walmart.com?
3.) Has anyone else has the money taken out of their account and NOT put back in?
4.) If I go to an actual Wal-Mart store today and "pre-order" it, will I get an Iron Patriot? Or was that only for on-line pre-orders?

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated! =)
Beanish

Re: Wal-Mart Lego Marvel game pre-orders cancelled?

Postby Tohst » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:06 pm

That sounds like a mess.

Currently Walmart.com is telling me:
our order is being processed. It will arrive on Thursday, 10/31/2013

so, mine doesn't look cancelled.

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby Beanish » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Thank you for replying! =)
Beanish

Postby banthafodder » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:09 pm

The status on mine is similar to Tohst
banthafodder

Postby legoloco » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:57 pm

I received mine in the mail today, thankfully. I ordered it about 6 weeks ago, through the link off the FBTB homepage. The figure is packaged inside the cardboard box without a window to view it and nothing about the packaging indicates a preorder exclusive, just a walmart exclusive. I would imagine you may be able to walk into a walmart and buy the game with the packaged figure inside anyway.
legoloco

Postby tigerpaul1977 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Well I can tell you about my experience. I did the pre-order at the store and got my little pre-order card and we went in this evening to get our game and they did not have it in stock. The guy even went in the back to check the stock room and it was not in, I guess what I learned is not to pre-order my games at Wal-Mart. Now I am debating whether to go to Gamestop next to Walmart and get the game and try to get the mini figure out on ebay or something.
tigerpaul1977

Return to Licensed Themes