Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Batgirl: Future Figure or Fabricated Fake?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Batgirl: Future Figure or Fabricated Fake?

Postby Staff » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 am

Batgirl?

When I saw this pop up all over Flickr yesterday I thought it was a custom job, but on closer look I questioned that initial response. It apparently came from a Bricklink seller in the Czech Republic called Votvik, but the pic has been pulled now. Like SDCC Green Arrow, this figure seems to follow the New 52 design, so if this is real we may see more from this beloved relationship destroying reboot. Yay!?

What say you, folks? Real or fake? Could this mean a Batman related set could again arrive sans Batman?

Via Flickrite, tormentalous among others.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/30/batgirl-future-figure-or-fabricated-fake/
Staff

Re: Batgirl: Future Figure or Fabricated Fake?

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 am

It looks real to me...
The_Chosen_1

Postby gomek » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:41 am

I'm going to vote real.

My main reason is the double printed face, and combo new mold/printed helmet. Both of these things are rarely if ever featured on the high quality custom figures. Personally though, I do think it's only a matter of time before someone capable of doing high quality customs starts mass producing these things. There's really just too much money to be made.
gomek

Postby BlackMercinery » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:55 am

i am gonna vote fake

now the helmet does look like the real deal but i have seen lots of 3d printer Lego molds that are looking really convincing
the face seems like its been in a previous set before
But the body and legs
the body design is what stumps me the curve for the female torso is totally the wrong color and the body doesn't have that coat of smooth glistening on it
and the legs would totally have a design on it right?
i mean with all the leg designs Lego has already done there would definitely be one for her.
so ya that's what i think :D
BlackMercinery

Postby unmovedmover » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:31 am

I say real. We should be getting a new wave in a few months and we've only seen one set from it. I hope we see more non-batman sets. At Least do a Brave and the Bold type wave where each set has another hero. B'wana Beast!
unmovedmover

Postby wegj » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Looks pretty legit, most fabricators don't do custom molds
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Mars Needs LEGO » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:49 pm

REAL! XD
I hope. *fingers crossed*

While I would have preferred a Batgirl in the style of the video games rather than the New 52 costume, any legit Batgirl figure would be most welcome. And long overdue.

And if it isn't a LEGO product, hopefully the customizer will be offering these for sale...
Mars Needs LEGO

Postby BigRubberMallet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:47 pm

All I know is, that if this is real we'll hopefully get a double sided cape.

The New 52 design goes well with the new Batman figure coming out next wave.
Oh cool. I just made a post
BigRubberMallet

Postby kitik » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:53 pm

I think it's real. And I hope it's real, she's overdue.

But I don't for a second think this means that the set it comes in will not also include Batman.
kitik

Postby Trooper10 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Looks real enough - could be pre-production stolen from the model shop or something...
btw when are we likely to see a full set of 2014 set pictures?
Trooper10

Postby sparkart » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:44 am

I suspect it's real, and that there will be some people walked off of their jobs, soon.
sparkart

Postby Ton65 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

They are real. Votvik said so himself, they are from the factory in Czech.
After I posted a reply on Bricklink he cancelled his order.

Shortly said, there's a leak in the Czech Lego factory, someday it is going to cost someone job.
Ton65

Postby Ton65 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 am

Excuse me, instead of order I meant he cancelled his forumpost on Bricklink.
Ton65

Postby sparkart » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 pm

This figure will look nice on the purple Catwoman motorcycle. Hope she has a two-color cape. Probably won't be yellow on the inside, but it would be cool if it was two-color.
sparkart

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:27 pm

BlackMercinery wrote:i am gonna vote fake
and the legs would totally have a design on it right?
i mean with all the leg designs Lego has already done there would definitely be one for her.
so ya that's what i think :D

I doubt it. Batman had/has no leg printing. Neither does Robin. Why would she?
And what the heck would be on it anyway?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby kitik » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:00 am

Ultron32 wrote:And what the heck would be on it anyway?

Boots?
kitik

Postby gomek » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:57 am

It's funny, a lot of the better Lego customizers have taken to doing boots, and this is also something common to a lot of the TT Games designs. However with the official Lego minifigs, you rarely, if ever see boot or boot indications. (Some CMF designs being an exception)

Ironically the lack of leg printing was one of the things that made me think this was real.
gomek

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 am

I'm fairly positive now that this is real, in part because he has shown figures that we know to be official as well, e.g. BtB Batman which was shown at Comic Con. He also has a new pilot for some Star Wars ship and Joker from his train car set, with a new face, purple fedora, and torso. Here is Just2Good's video about it on YT since Flickr is down right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSMZRXXg-9g
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby sp3ctor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 pm

I have pretty much monitored all custom minifigure manufacturers out there. I will admit that custom moulds were something I didn't believe could be adequately done, until I got my hands on Christo's Batman II Custom Red Robin. If I posted that Red Robin on a sight like this, with a tag line like 'new Red Robin to be released in 2014' the same discussion would be going on about it's validity. I'm not saying this because I don't believe you guys can figure out if something is fake or not, I'm saying that this minifigure is impossible to distinguish. If Lego made a Red Robin, it would look like the Christo designed minifigure.
With that said, Christo is the only custom designer out there that I know of who's making custom moulds of that quality for the Superhero and Star Wars line. And most other custom designers wouldn't go through the trouble of making a custom mould for something, that would cost them big bucks to produce, just to mess with people on the web. They would be quick to start selling them on ebay and a line would be drawn quickly to whether or not it was a custom design.
So, my conclusion on this, as well as the Joker that was leaked, is REAL! Which is awesome, because there are supposed to be a couple sets to come out next year that will feature Robin, and hopefully Batgirl will replace Robin on some of those sets, because we really have enough Robins already. I don't have a problem with Robin, it's just there are so many other characters that should have already been released, it would be nice to get some of them.
sp3ctor

Return to Licensed Themes