Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Macross VF-1 Valkyrie +Fast pack / Armored parts Reaches Support

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Macross VF-1 Valkyrie +Fast pack / Armored parts Reaches Support

Postby Staff » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:44 pm

thumb640x360(4)

The latest project to reach the 10,000 vote support threshold is Macross VF-1 Valkyrie +Fast pack / Armored parts by maxvf1. If you're a fan of Robotech, or Macross as it is better known, you should get a kick out of maxvf1's model. Complete with Fast Pack hangar dock, and an Armored Parts hangar dock, the Valkyrie, once built, can transform to all three modes without any disassembly whatsoever. The armored parts also come with missiles and ice cream elements to simulate missile trails. Check out the pics below for more:

thumb640x360(2) thumb640x360(1)
thumb640x360(3)

I for one would love to see this project become a reality. It's a shame though that it will never get the green light here in the U.S due to Harmony Gold owning the Robotech license. Still, there's hope that it may be approved for other markets.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/12/macross-vf-1-valkyrie-fast-pack-armored-parts-reaches-support/
Staff

Re: Macross VF-1 Valkyrie +Fast pack / Armored parts Reaches

Postby plebeianprint » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Macross was an incredibly important turning point for me in my adolescence. It's basically when I realized that 1) I loved anime (though it was called Japanimation at the time); Twenty one years later I still enjoy it. 2) Animation can be used to convey mature storylines that are on par with other media.

Personal relationship to this model aside, the use of the white ice cream tri dot pieces for smoke is absolutely amazing. I think that it's my favorite repurposing in any MOC. I've been adamantly against the use of the CUUSOO program for commercial ventures. It seems that I'll need to be a little more forgiving.
plebeianprint

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Robotech was huge to me when it came out in the US. I was 12 or 13. I recorded the intro theme, end credits and any songs from The New Generation series on cassette.

These models are great. The fact that they can change without being taken apart clinches it. While I doubt the licensing would ever get worked out, I hope he posts instructions.
GrayMattR

Postby Sparx MacGyver » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:59 am

I know it won't ever see the light of day as an official set, but I hope the creator would be willing to sell the instructions. That is one of the few CUUSOO projects I've supported. I love this MOC he's built though. His MOC Pages has more. Very impressive.
Sparx MacGyver

Postby 3brent » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Finest project to reach the Cuusoo review threshold to date.
3brent

Postby sparkart » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:14 am

plebeianprint wrote:...use of the white ice cream tri dot pieces for smoke is absolutely amazing....

Ah yes, the "Itano circus"! The Itano circus still makes it into modern sci-fi media. The directory commentary for District 9 makes direct reference to Robotech when the alien exo-suit fires off its missiles.
sparkart

Return to Licensed Themes