Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel Announces that James Spader cast as Ultron in Avengers 2

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Marvel Announces that James Spader cast as Ultron in Avengers 2

Postby Staff » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:36 am

Panel Discussion With The Cast And Crew Of "Boston Legal" ultron2

Hot off all the rumors yesterday of trying to connect Jarvis with Ultron, Hank Pym still not being part of the sequel, and Matt Damon as the Boy Wonder (okay, he denied that, but I can hope, can't I)... we get an actual, official announcement: Marvel has cast James Spader, otherwise known as the guy who was originally Dr. Daniel Jackson in Stargate (but no one remembers that because the vastly better TV show used Michael Shanks for that role).

Okay, he's also been on Boston Legal, The Practice, and was in Lincoln, but this is an interesting turn. Ultron is a tough villain to cast, and one has to assume that the villain will mostly be CGI. Not sure how his role will shake out, but certainly is a bigger name to see attached than we're used to for baddies. Then again... in Whedon We Trust...

You can read their full release over at Marvel.com .
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/08/29/avengers-2-marvel-announces-james-spader-cast-as-ultron/
Staff

Re: Marvel Announces that James Spader cast as Ultron in Ave

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 am

As long as Ultron shows up in bot form at some point and not just some Skynet clone in tantrum mode, I'm down with this.
buriedbybricks

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:26 am

I definitely didn't see this coming, but I have complete faith in Marvel at this point. They'll pull it off.
The_Chosen_1

Postby plebeianprint » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:45 pm

I was hoping that Vin Diesel's recent visit to the Marvel headquarters meant that he would play Ultron. Now, before you lambaste me: Vin Diesel was the voice of the Iron Giant robot in the animate film. I loved that robot, and that film.
plebeianprint

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:49 am

I liked him in Lincoln, though he didn't really seem like the 'villainous' type there. But as you say, In Whedon We Trust.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Tyrant » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:59 am

Ultron32 wrote:I liked him in Lincoln, though he didn't really seem like the 'villainous' type there. But as you say, In Whedon We Trust.

If you want to see him as a villainous type check out 2 Days In The Valley. I don't know if he will work out voice wise, since I assume he is primarily the voice, but he can do cold, calculating, and evil as an actor. Spader wouldn't be my first choice but I can see him pulling it off. Of course if they give his voice the Transformers treatment where you can sometimes barely tell whose voice it really is then they should've just hired someone like Frank Welker (which they also should've done for Megatron in the live action Transformers movies but that's another matter). Then again, I thought Arnold was a decent choice as Freeze because all he had to do was more or less play a living version of the Terminator (cold, emotionless), and, well, we all know how that turned out so what do I know.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Return to Licensed Themes