Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SDCC] Azog Giveaway

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: [SDCC] Azog Giveaway

Postby banthafodder » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 pm

What I'm saying is that when you make a mold you have to pay an artist to sculpt the mold in large scale and then scale it down to minifig size and then build the mold. That is a lot of time and effort for something that won't go into production. Just changing the printing is a lot easier to accomplish and can be easily done for short or limited runs. I have yet to see a new mold that was only used for a limited run item.
banthafodder

Postby Solo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Image
Solo

Postby DarthBuilder » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Holy, sweet, mother of, what the who, why, $1525.00 After 8 bids! :facepalm:

" I don't want to live on this planet anymore". - The Professor, Futurama.
DarthBuilder

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:03 am

Man. I must have missed that earlier or just thought those were asking prices. I don't even
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby SonOfSolo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:45 pm

So I was there at the Lego booth everyday in the morning and afternoon except preview night and never even heard of these until we got home. So when you say "given out randomly" what exactly does that mean? For one day, the whole con, at the booth, of site events? Just trying to get more info on these. Super super hard to get and a crazy $$$ figure for one minifig. But if it is only 100 production that blows away the Mr Gold figs and doesn't seem to be too crazy of a price difference for 4900 less figures. If they do release this later it will be the packaging that is worth anything if anyone collects packaging. Which I'm sure some do. Too much for me though. I just wanted a black suit Superman.
SonOfSolo

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes