Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Lone Ranger Poster

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Lone Ranger Poster

Postby Staff » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:09 pm

LEGO Lone Ranger Movie Poster

This LEGO-fied version of the poster for Disney's upcoming Lone Ranger flick dropped yesterday and, for the most part, the various entertainment outlets seem to have received it well. I guess I'm even more jaded than I thought because Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
LEGO really had nothing to work with here and such a boring poster doesn't help fill me with any more interest in a movie that I fear the best part of may already be on the shelves.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/06/04/lego-lone-ranger-poster/
Staff

Re: LEGO Lone Ranger Poster

Postby Flynn » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Poster is super dull but the movie looks like a solid piece of fun based on the trailers.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Inzane » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:37 am

TLG's really dredging deep in the barrel for new licenses it seems. :facepalm:

I haven't seen the film yet but I can't see this being the next big blockbuster franchise.
Inzane

Postby sparkart » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:46 am

I thought Lone Ranger was a great license for LEGO to pursue. The Old American Western theme offers all kinds of building opportunities - town structures, barns, trains, stagecoaches, and steampunkers could re-use the technology and parts from this era. The sets that LEGO has come up with look great, IMHO.

But the movie does seem a bit formulaic, but hmmmm...weren't all Westerns? I mean, Rustler's Rhapsody with Tom Berenger, one of my favorite movies was good because it skewered the Western forumula, but it had to do that by dipping into the surreal, and even, metaphysical. I guess we can't really expect anything in Lone Ranger the movie besides pretty Western landscapes, a lot of horse-riding stunts, and a few dynamite explosions.

I can tell you if i was a kid, I wouldn't mind getting some Lone Ranger sets for gifts. I'd have epic battles with Cowboys and Indians teaming up against Alien Conquest and Galaxy Squad creatures.
sparkart

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 am

That's why I think the best part of the movie is probably already on shelves...
buriedbybricks

Postby MShiels » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 am

Anyone found a source for hi-res copy of this?

We print copies of these and use them to decorate our birthday party rooms. SInce I can never find a printed copy, gotta get as hi-res a copy as I can for our laser.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Return to Licensed Themes