Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Tumbler Reaches 10,000 Votes On CUUSOO

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Tumbler Reaches 10,000 Votes On CUUSOO

Postby Staff » Thu May 09, 2013 12:16 pm

You know what that means, we could finally have an opportunity to buy an official set with Batman's latest ride. Assuming you didn't buy the original, or the one that is currently on shelves now... Brent Waller is the man behind this Tumbler, which is one of many on CUUSOO and his goal was to create what he felt was the most accurate LEGO Tumbler in minifig scale. That's a tricky mission and in my opinion a true minifigure scale vehicle would be able to accommodate enough figures to have one behind each of it's dual windows. Would that look too wide? Probably, but if I have to choose an inaccurate vehicle I may as well stick with what's available already. The biggest this going for this creations chances is the fact that it fits within the size they seem to be going for in this range. However, that may work against it as well because LEGO re-engineers the models to fit with their current building standard and that would most likely land it very close to the pre-existing LEGO versions anyway. This makes it into the June review and I wish him luck in the next stage, my feeling at this point is that he's really going to need it.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/05/09/tumbler-reaches-10000-votes-on-cuusoo/
Staff

Re: Tumbler Reaches 10,000 Votes On CUUSOO

Postby CaptainFordo » Thu May 09, 2013 1:04 pm

I'd quite happily take a black version of the one in the TDKR set, but a redesign wouldn't go amiss.
CaptainFordo

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:09 pm

I personally don't think this stands a very good chance. All Lego has to do is say that a Tumbler model is currently in production. Granted, it's a different color, but still...
The_Chosen_1

Postby sparkart » Fri May 10, 2013 5:44 am

This is one of the models that got me out of the Dark Ages, so I've got fond memories of it.
sparkart

Postby Drock » Fri May 10, 2013 8:26 pm

The_Chosen_1 wrote:I personally don't think this stands a very good chance. All Lego has to do is say that a Tumbler model is currently in production. Granted, it's a different color, but still...

That and there is another Batmobile currently on the shelves. Though it probably won't be by the time this CUUSOO one would make it there.
Drock

Postby Faefrost » Sun May 12, 2013 4:56 pm

I think we would have had a better chance of. Big UCS type Tumbler than we will of seeing another minifig scaled one released under CuuSoo. I like this build for the most part, but I just can't see it getting around the fact that it is a self proclaimed "better version of a current retail product". I'm thinking the Lego Licensing people are going to tell the CuuSoo team "hells no".
Faefrost

Postby onions » Wed May 15, 2013 7:14 pm

my one criticism is that the rear wheels are way too small.
onions
Damp Noodle

Return to Licensed Themes