Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Gamestop Reveals Pre-order Bonus for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Gamestop Reveals Pre-order Bonus for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Postby Staff » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 am

gamestop

Gamestop has updated their site for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes detailing their pre-order bonus, and it's not as great as I was expecting. The pre-order bonus is a Spider-Man keychain. Yeah, I know. In case you weren't aware, the keychain is available for purchase right now from LEGO Shop@Home. This is kind of good news and bad news depending on how you feel about chasing exclusives. The good news is that there won't be another exclusive to chase down if you weren't into the video game. The bad news is that this is a wasted opportunity to get an obscure character or a variant suit of a popular character. There is a tiny chance that the keychain could be of Black Suit Spider-Man, or another varient paint job, but if that were the case, why make it a keychain? Unfortunately, there's no picture yet to verify the suit color. Promotional exclusives have more often than not been a channel to put figures out there that would not normally fit into a regular set. Considering the roster of the previous pre-order game bonuses (Power Suit Lex Luthor, Elrond, Voodoo Doll Jack Sparrow, and Chase McCain), this Spider-Man keychain is pretty much a pre-order cancel button.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/29/gamestop-reveals-pre-order-bonus-for-lego-marvel-super-heroes/
Staff

Re: Gamestop Reveals Pre-order Bonus for LEGO Marvel Super H

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 am

That's extremely disappointing, and a letdown for those of us that were hoping for an obscure character as a minifig. If I had this on preorder, it would be an instant cancellation from me.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Obi_G » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:35 am

remaining slightly optimistic, this might be gamestop's exclusive and not necessarily the one that comes in the package - much like the heroes and villains or harley bike that were preorder bonuses for batman 2 or something from different retailers...
Obi_G

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Luh-ame!! Sooo disappointing!! I'm hoping Amazon or Best Buy step up as the preorder places to be for this figure.
Gooker1

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:25 pm

But I already have a spiderman keychian
crazybirdman

Postby DeltaNightroam » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 pm

I was hoping it would be Iron Man Patriot.....D:(
DeltaNightroam

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Well, there is a picture now, and it's definitely the Spidey keychain that's already available. What a disappointment. I was almost certain that I would preorder the game, but now I think I'll try to get it a little later for a lower price, unless there is different place that has an actually new preorder bonus.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby gomek » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

I feel the same way.. Happy because I don't feel the need to buy this game now (Because my kids only have a Wii and not a WiiU, the game is nothing more than a coaster for us)

Unhappy because I would have gladly spent the $40 for an Iron Patriot or Daredevil figure. (or any other of 100 figures that Lego doesn't want to sell me)

PS. I do wonder if the other poster was right about the black spider-man. It was such a waste to have this as an exclusive where thousands of kids would have wanted to buy this. At least now they can have the version with the key chain pulled out.
gomek

Postby wegj » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:56 pm

I love Superheroes (obviously), the keychain is a pretty big let down, even if it was unique it would be glued together. I guess that helps from paying the pre-release premium, considering that LotR dropped to $30 two weeks after launch.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby JD4M » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 am

I wonder if the Iron Patriot is what was being planned on for the Pre-Order Bonus but was deemed too politically charged to produce. IIRC this is the first time they have used a keychain as a Pre-Order Bonus. It a wild hypothesis but it could be that the spidey key chain is just a last minute replacement for something that had to be cancelled. No preorder for me, I'll be waiting for a discount.
JD4M

Postby Obi_G » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:35 am

just got this:

Walmart: Pre-order the console version and receive an exclusive Iron Patriot mini-fig
GameStop: Pre-order any version of the game and receive a Spidey keychain.
Power Up Rewards members who pre-order will also receive the DLC pack for free (Xbox 360 and PS3 only)
Amazon: Pre-order and get $10 game credit to your Amazon account.

from here: http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/04/30 ... s-detailed

hope it helps :)
Obi_G

Postby gomek » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Wallmart's page doesn't have any mention of this, but if true a big coup for Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lego-Marvel-Wii-U/23014832

Figure still looks horrible with the bobble head. But for some reason (read:addiction) I fell compelled to buy.
gomek

Return to Licensed Themes