Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Third Man Of Steel Trailer Reveals A Glimpse Of Hope

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Third Man Of Steel Trailer Reveals A Glimpse Of Hope

Postby Staff » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm

http://youtu.be/T6DJcgm3wNY

The newest (and hopefully last) trailer for Zach Snyder's next attempt to impress/enrage comic book fans comes with the major players in Clark Kent's life laying out his possible destiny as a symbol of hope for mankind. A lot of changes to the mythos on this one, but if Snyder can deliver even half of the experience the original film gave its audience back in '78, it should be worth the price of admission.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/16/third-man-of-steel-trailer-reveals-a-glimpse-of-hope/
Staff

Re: Third <i>Man Of Steel</i> Trailer Reveals A Glimpse Of H

Postby sparkart » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:21 pm

I like it! I'm of the opinion that comic-book heroes are our modern mythology, and that, in retelling of any myth, there's going to be changes. I like these changes, they make sense.
sparkart

Postby ufjason » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 am

Looks good to me. The originals don't hold up so well. I liked watchmen and 300. I think the property is in safe hands with Zach Snyder.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 am

With Nolan on as an exec-producer or producer, I don't see this moving doing nearly as poor as Superman Returns. That movie was dreadful.

I'm really excited to see Snyder's version.
Gooker1

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am

Would you mind pointing out those changes you mentioned to those of us who are not so Superman-savy? Because I don't see any big changes from what I know of the Man of Steel.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Joedward » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:56 pm

I've watched the trailer about a dozen times so far.
It's awesome, I love it, it's still giving me chills and I'm getting so psyched for this movie. I can't wait, and I'm really hoping this film lights a fire under DC's sarlacc in the same way Iron Man did for Marvel. A sign of awesome things to come.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:00 am

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Would you mind pointing out those changes you mentioned to those of us who are not so Superman-savy? Because I don't see any big changes from what I know of the Man of Steel.

If you want the spoilers, you'll have to do your own legwork. I'm not going to spoil the surprises for those who haven't picked them up, but might enjoy them.
buriedbybricks

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:27 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:If you want the spoilers, you'll have to do your own legwork. I'm not going to spoil the surprises for those who haven't picked them up, but might enjoy them.

Fair enough. I just thought you were referring to stuff from the trailer (which wouldn't be considered spoilers) and was wondering what I had missed. The only difference I can see is that Zod and his army seem a lot better equipped than usual (ships, armors, guns, etc.). I don't know why, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I guess we will find out.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue May 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Bought the Metropolis Showdown set, probably one of the better value seeming 11.99 hero sets. Certainly FEELS like there's more pieces. Though I suppose if it's minifigs you're after it's probably of less value to someone getting literally any other MOS set, since this seems to be the same Supes and Zod in every set, besides the lack of Zod armour. For me, however, someone only interested in getting Supes and Zod cheaply, it's pretty good.

I actually like the car slightly less than I anticipated. It looked great in the promos, but in person it feels a tad unfinished around the doors, lots of visible studs that seem a little too exposed. The additional scenery is not bad though, a neat car flipping, tower toppling feature built in, and the car has a handle on each side for "holding" by Zod or Supes (by which I mean, you hold the car and clip the fig on for the illusion of holding :P)

I think it's probably about the same as Iron Man vs Mandarin really, I actually feel, goofy turret aside, that Mandarin's buggy is a lot more solid design wise than the somewhat unfinished car, plus IM vs Mandarin gives you two exclusive variants which this set doesn't. Viewed as individual sets however, ignoring what's available elsewhere in the line, I'd say this is the superior set.
CaptainFordo

Return to Licensed Themes