Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO: The Simpsons in 2014?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO: The Simpsons in 2014?

Postby russjnco » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:07 am

Really wish Homer would have been done along the lines of the large Hulk/Jabba assemblies. Putting him out as a regular minifigure takes away his general fatness.....
russjnco

Postby onions » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 am

not a fan.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby monkeyhand » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:21 am

Why does Bart look stoned? :lol:
monkeyhand

Postby The Phantom Menace » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Best. Set. Ever.
The Phantom Menace

Postby wyldjedi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm

This would have been neat for me about 15+ years ago when I still had some sort of interest in the Simpsons. It would also have been nice to have normal Lego heads with various hair/head pieces instead of the big bulky alt heads they have. I think they should have also made the house smaller, with an open back to lower the part count, and then added a treehouse (unless that is coming later). This is not a bad set for what it is, but not really my thing.
wyldjedi

Postby rushiosan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Why am I not surprised for seeing acid comments on FBTB?

I'm contacting the LEGO guys right now. Someone MUST be employed as a designer or else the earth will explode. :facepalm:
rushiosan

Postby RfAurora » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 pm

I might get it for the house on clearance, but I'm not thrilled about the minifigs. They would probably be chucked on ebay or something.
RfAurora

Postby Flynn » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Don't know that much about the source (only ever seen the shorts and first couple episodes of the show), but man that's an ugly set. Surely there's a better way to do the exterior and not make it look like a big hunk of tan?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:25 pm

rushiosan wrote:Why am I not surprised for seeing acid comments on FBTB?

rushiosan, I just want to deeply apologize for the fact that FBTB did not meet your lofty standards of only posting positive, vapid, and empty comments that see Lego stuff only on a scale of 9 to 10. I hate that you had to come here, to the only site on the internet, and had to see something that you didn't agree with, or that were critical of something. There is no place in this world for something as pointless as opinions, and I hate that you had to see it.

If only there was some option other than coming here, and being forced to reading something that leaves you no other choice than to complain about our content...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby rushiosan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

dWhisper wrote:
rushiosan wrote:Why am I not surprised for seeing acid comments on FBTB?

rushiosan, I just want to deeply apologize for the fact that FBTB did not meet your lofty standards of only posting positive, vapid, and empty comments that see Lego stuff only on a scale of 9 to 10. I hate that you had to come here, to the only site on the internet, and had to see something that you didn't agree with, or that were critical of something. There is no place in this world for something as pointless as opinions, and I hate that you had to see it.

If only there was some option other than coming here, and being forced to reading something that leaves you no other choice than to complain about our content...

Hello dWhisper!

This monday I've seen lots of criticism about this set around the internetz. Most part of them were pointing stuff like "hey, I don't like molded heads, they don't match with LEGO standards" or "the set seems expensive considering piece count", "I don't follow Simpsons show anymore, so I won't buy it". These were people (including me) poiting what they actually didn't like about the upcoming line, and well, that's probably a good way to start a reasonable discussion...

It's far different from writing things like "wow, worst set ever", "this sucks wookiee balls", "I couldn't care less about that huge tan box". The most part of posts on FBTB forums feels like pesky 13yo kids comments from Youtube. Isn't this some kind of AFOL community?

That's what annoys me, never the criticism/opinions itself. If you guys want to discuss something and say "I don't like that set" just go ahead and do it, we're free men, point what you didn't like, how it could have been improved, modded or whatever, let's discuss and exchange opinions, so we'll be going somewhere instead drowning in vapid and empty cursing. Reading people acting like monkeys on a site you just love to browse (FBTB is probably my #1 source for licensed LEGO news) isn't the most pleasant thing if you ask me.
rushiosan

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:32 pm

All of those would have been fine things to add to the conversation. The problem is you didn't bring up any of those points, you came here to complain about what was posted, not about the thing at hand. I'll agree that comments like that don't add much to the conversation, but at least they gave it.

Do I like comments like that? No. I also don't like lol (I was the one who made the filter for it when we first launched the site) and wrote a whole post about constructive criticism. But it is just as bad to take focus off here it belongs, the topic at hand. I encourage you to add stuff like that, I encourage anyone to do it, and to follow the basic rule that I use: it's fine to have opinions, just be prepared to defend them.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:04 pm

dWhisper wrote:I encourage you to add stuff like that, I encourage anyone to do it, and to follow the basic rule that I use: it's fine to have opinions, just be prepared to defend them.

Werd.
buriedbybricks

Postby lowlead » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:41 am

BLAAAAHHHH! HATE IT!

...oops wrong button.

Actually, this set looks fantastic, and I'm really happy for The Simpsons fans out there. A four-sided, 'clamshell' styled, full-on playset? The SW camp could only dream that they would get such a piece count in the upcoming Cantina set. Also, I'm curious to know the cost of the license, compared to the $50 million (initial) Lucasfilm sign-on back in the day.

I just don't have a particular interest in a Simpsons license, I stopped caring about the series itself as the more irreverent shows like South Park, Family Guy and American Dad came onto the scene, as they tend to better appeal to the cynic in me.

Either way, I welcome the license and I hope TLG makes a ton of money.
lowlead

Postby blars82 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:03 am

Does anyone have a link to the upcoming Star Wars Cantina set? I shouldn't type this on this site, but I'm not a huge Star Wars fan ... but love that Cantina scene.

Also, South Park Lego sets would be awesome ... not sure if that's ever a possibility but I would buy them all. Much bigger South Park fan than the Simpsons ... but that house and couch and characters are iconic. I think it looks well done. I like the outside of the Haunted House better ... but I guess this is how the Simpsons' house actually looks. The fun is on the inside.
blars82

Postby theone » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 am

i dont like the moulded heads, i find them two much like toys or actions figures than lego, figures

also i find them scary looking
theone

Postby banthafodder » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:06 pm

blars82 wrote:Does anyone have a link to the upcoming Star Wars Cantina set? I shouldn't type this on this site, but I'm not a huge Star Wars fan ... but love that Cantina scene.

There is a link to the image in the Star Wars section of the forum. I don't know if you were looking for anything else.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92496875@N ... /contacts/
banthafodder

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:27 pm

gorram you Lego! Take my money!!
Gooker1

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes