Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO: The Simpsons in 2014?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Lego Simpsons, anyone?

Postby Woodkeithl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:07 am

I am still in denial even now.

Until I have seen an official LEGO press release, then I am not convinced that there will be LEGO Licensed The Simpsons products.

Even if they do come out, I probably won't buy any.
Woodkeithl

Postby gomek » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am

Personally, I kind of see all this as a win/win. If you're not into the Simpsons, and the sets contain parts you'd like, you can probably sell or trade the minifigs alone for 50% or so of the cost of the set. Hold onto the figs until a little after retirement, and that' s probably a 75% return. It's a little bit of work, but a lot a bit of savings.
gomek

Lego Simpsons? Why not BF4 or Halo or even Aliens?

Postby GreenLuke7 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Before the Simpsons were announced I wanted to create a lego battlefield 3-4 project on cuusoo, but I then had second thoughts on it once I read that lego did not want sets involved in modern war, cursing, blood, gore, or even violence. But now after hereing about the Simpsons makes me have a third thought due to the fact the Simpsons have been produced mainly for teens and adults. Why not halo, bf4, or Aliens. Blood, gore, language, is what most teens are into. Simpsons? Why? If you want teens and adults involved then make a special catagory of sets for only 18 or older. Like r rated movies or m rated games. Please comment and tell me what you think of the idea and of your thought on the possibility of a lego bf3-4 cuusoo project having a chance to pass a lego review or not. :'(
GreenLuke7

Postby lego the hutt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:41 pm

gomek wrote:Personally, I kind of see all this as a win/win. If you're not into the Simpsons, and the sets contain parts you'd like, you can probably sell or trade the minifigs alone for 50% or so of the cost of the set. Hold onto the figs until a little after retirement, and that' s probably a 75% return. It's a little bit of work, but a lot a bit of savings.

Has there been information confirming that these are actually sets and not just blindbag, CMF type simpsons figures?
lego the hutt

Postby Olymprix » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:42 pm

LEGO Simpsons? That show never struck me as all that kid-friendly (what little of it I have watched)...
Of course, I did really enjoy the Simpsons ride at Universal Studios...
"Size matters not." -- Yoda

Until you get stepped on, buddy...
Olymprix

Re: LEGO: The Simpsons in 2014?

Postby onions » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:13 pm

it's not exactly kid friendly but hey, if lego can approve a set based on back to the future where there is alcohol consumption and attempted sexual assault, why not the simpsons?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby gomek » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:02 pm

lego the hutt wrote: Has there been information confirming that these are actually sets and not just blindbag, CMF type simpsons figures?

I'm seeing the same reports as everyone else, which all seem to be originating from the same place. The removal of all Simpsons projects from Cussoo seems to be a pretty good indication that there is something to it though.

As for your notion that this could only be bagged minifigures. I only wish. Minifigure collectors seem to get a lot of grief since it gets away from Lego's main point (which is the build). But for me, the minifigure is the only thing that one can't make for oneself (bad paint jobs and decals aside). It's not that I don't want sets, but sometimes I find myself looking at sets saying 'I can build that with the bricks I already have, and probably better'.

I get sooo jealous of every other Lego knock off brand that seems to figure out how to make all the ancillary characters of any given theme in individual packs. I can't even get Daredevil but for some reason my friend has a pack of Minimates Alpha Flight figures.
gomek

Postby lego the hutt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:45 pm

gomek wrote:
lego the hutt wrote: Has there been information confirming that these are actually sets and not just blindbag, CMF type simpsons figures?

I'm seeing the same reports as everyone else, which all seem to be originating from the same place. The removal of all Simpsons projects from Cussoo seems to be a pretty good indication that there is something to it though.

As for your notion that this could only be bagged minifigures. I only wish. Minifigure collectors seem to get a lot of grief since it gets away from Lego's main point (which is the build). But for me, the minifigure is the only thing that one can't make for oneself (bad paint jobs and decals aside). It's not that I don't want sets, but sometimes I find myself looking at sets saying 'I can build that with the bricks I already have, and probably better'.

I get sooo jealous of every other Lego knock off brand that seems to figure out how to make all the ancillary characters of any given theme in individual packs. I can't even get Daredevil but for some reason my friend has a pack of Minimates Alpha Flight figures.

The figures would be the draw for me in this theme...other themes have castles or spaceships or trains etc. A power plant might appeal to some but most of the buildings are pretty standard. A house, a bar, a minimart, a school etc. They don't exactly have the same wow factors as many other themes.

I would actually prefer it if was only a Simpsons minifigure series.
lego the hutt

Postby dWhisper » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 pm

This set strikes me much like the LotR one did... introduced about a decade past when it was last relevant. But I will forgive all and buy every set they make if they give me a Homer in a Mumu minifigure...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby onions » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:06 pm

omg i'd kill for a muumuu homer
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Marty » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Hopefully this should turn out to be an excellent theme given the material at hand, and although not everybody will be happy with the outcome I for one can't wait to see what Lego come up with.

My faves are Mo, Otto, Comic book guy, Ralf, Gounds keeper willy & Duff man.
Marty

Postby gomek » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:06 am

Flanders as Satan.
gomek

Postby banthafodder » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 am

Next year's exclusive SDCC Lego minifig.
banthafodder

Postby DarthBuilder » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:41 pm

:lol: I can see it now on eBay. $400.00 Buy it now or Best Offer. Worst Auction Ever.
DarthBuilder

Postby MicroJow » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Simpsons house:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=216 ... ookimpsons

I'd be shocked if this is less than $250.

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:47 pm

is that the only set they are going to make?
crazybirdman

Postby Staff » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:16 am

Updated to add a picture of the back of the box.

Okay, it's not a bad reveal, I just guess Lego isn't a Stonecutter (or a member of the Ancient Mystic Society of the No Homers), and thus didn't get the leak tube fixed before this spilled all over the internet. We've known for awhile that Lego Simpsons was coming out, with a few hints at minifigs and some general statements about it... but this is the first time an actual set has wandered its way to us. Thanks to Eurobrick's Carlos S, we've now seen another salvo against our wallets in Lego's never-ending war.

Personally, I'm torn on this one. I mean, at 2523 pieces, and carrying a Licensed theme, this is obviously a Direct-to-Consumer Shop@Home exclusive that's going to be north of $200-250. More than that, without seeing the inside, there's nothing to really wow you. Sure, the minifigs are cool, but anyone doubt that these minifigs won't be in the CMF line (or any smaller sets that show up). And with the exception of Ned and Marge (perhaps Homer in his tie), none of the minifigs even look overly unique.

Okay, there's the back of the house, and the interior as well. I'm curious what Ned is doing in there, since Homer could legally shoot him (unless he was invited). There's a whole lot of blockiness to this house, and I stand by my first impression of "big tan box." They could have done more to connect the different pieces to make it work, but that's just me.

It could be that Lego is targeting this set squarely at AFOLs (not a stretch, given the price), and perhaps the whole theme, given that this show has been on the air three times longer than the minimum suggested age of the set. I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks of this thing... for me, until I see Homer in a muumu, I'm not a believer.

Thanks to the multitude of people that emailed this set, showed up in chat, or pointed us to a whole bunch of other sites that covered this, and CloneEmperor for pointing me to the picture of the <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/11793521145/">back of the box on Flickr</a>. We've rehosted the images here and cropped them a little bit.
Staff

Postby gomek » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 am

At $200+ this will be a pretty rough sell for me. I still wish they stuck to a CMF line only. I mean $200 can either get me 5 OK figures and a house that doesn't really fit the scale of my set up, or 66.6 mini figures which would be bound to contain all the figures people really want (Comicbook guy, Homie in Mumu, etc.).

Oh, well. Perhaps the IRS will send me a big refund this year, and I'll find it before my wife does.
gomek

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 am

I'm definitely down for one! I'm a pretty casual Simpson's fan, but this set looks fantastic. Lego is definitely taking a risk by squarely targeting its AFOL consumer base with an entire license, and I hope it pays off for them. Especially with releasing a large, D2C set right off the bat.
The_Chosen_1

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes