Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Hobbit Blu-Ray/DVD Combo with Exclusive Minifig

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

The Hobbit Blu-Ray/DVD Combo with Exclusive Minifig

Postby nyjpapi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 am

Target is selling 'The Hobbit' Blu-ray/DVD combo with an exclusive Bilbo Baggins Minifig.

The movie is released on March 19th, but you can pre-order it online:
http://www.target.com/p/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-2-discs-blu-ray-dvd-only-at-target/-/A-14461794#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=the+hobbit
nyjpapi

Re: The Hobbit Blu-Ray/DVD Combo with Exclusive Minifig

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks for the heads up, glad it's no one I want though, since I'm waiting on the inevitable extended Hobbit Trilogy boxset. Fool me once, Peter Jackson...
CaptainFordo

Postby nyjpapi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:36 am

CaptainFordo wrote:Thanks for the heads up, glad it's no one I want though, since I'm waiting on the inevitable extended Hobbit Trilogy boxset. Fool me once, Peter Jackson...

I hear you. I haven't bought any of the Star Wars sets since the DVD sets that contained both the "original" and special edition movies. I'm sure there will be a massive box set with all the bells and whistles coming out at some point.
nyjpapi

Postby WillyWampa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 pm

It's iteresting that this is the first time I've seen a LEGO minifigure thrown in as the bonus item for a product that isn't LEGO reelated. Previous bonus figs were only with LEGO themed books and movies. It really shows how popular the minifigures have become in their own right.
WillyWampa

Postby scottcos » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I actually prefer Ultraviolet to the Disney service, you can use Flixter to stream or download to pretty much any device.

This settles my question of where I will be picking up my copy of the Hobbit. Thanx Ace.
scottcos

Postby Avenged110 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:30 pm

This post makes me happy to know that I'm at least not the only one. I HATE ultraviolet and it's unfortunate because I will never again buy a Warner Bros. Blu-Ray because of it. At least Fox offers both UV and Digital Copy in most instances. Now I just buy all WB movies on iTunes or maybe find them some other way;) I've complained to their customer service multiple times and it appears that the consumer's experience doesn't matter to them if it at all conflicts with their agenda to push people towards a studio controlled service where they can set the rules. Unfortunately, the movie studios saw what happened to the record labels when Apple introduced the iTunes Store and have learned to put up the road block early on. In most cases, letting Apple have the power they do over the music industry is better for consumers since Apple doesn't derive its revenue from any of this. They host/sell content in order to entice more people to purchase more hardware - their main revenue stream. iTunes operates at slightly above break-even and the only reason Apple doesn't give away such content is because people deserve to be paid for their works and they can't negotiate free. If it were up to Apple, everything on iTunes would be ridiculously cheap because all it would do for them is bring more people over to their hardware. Overall this leads to movie studios attempting to block Apple's consumer friendly model and introduce their own encrypted and convoluted method for digitally managing content which tends to overly complicate things. That, and iTunes counts digital copies as "purchases" and thus includes all the benefits including iCloud access.

Lesson of the day right there. Pay attention to which studios are doing what in order to choose the best solution.
Last edited by Avenged110 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avenged110

Postby ufjason » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 pm

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:20 am

I'll definitely be picking this version up. I was going to go for the 3D version (even though I don't currently own a 3D TV), but the minifigure sealed the deal for me.
The_Chosen_1

Postby TooMuchDew » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:04 am

The in-store price is $29.99, so if you didn't pre-order, be sure to bring it up to the service desk to pay and ask them to price match the target.com price of $24.99.
TooMuchDew

Return to Licensed Themes