Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

OneLUG Debuts New Works at An Unexpected Art Show

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

OneLUG Debuts New Works at An Unexpected Art Show

Postby Staff » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:13 am

OneLUG

Earlier tonight I attended the the one-night-only An Unexpected Art Show with my family. The Tower of Orthanc was there in all its imposing glory. But that wasn't all. The members of OneLUG debuted new art pieces at the show, a series of three builds depicting different symbols from the Lord of the Rings. In order from left to right in the picture above: The White Tree of Gondor by Brandon Griffith, The Horse of Rohan by Remi Gagné, and The White Hand of Saruman by Bruce Lowell.

Horse of Rohan - OneLUG Horse of Rohan Detail - OneLUG
White Tree of Gondor - OneLUG White Hand of Saruman - OneLUG

The show was put together by Alyse Gagné and she did a great job sourcing all of the art work. It took up a two floors of exhibit space showcasing a wide variety of subject matter and art styles. Some artists were on hand to sell prints and talk to fellow Tolkien fans. I got there early with my family but couldn't stay long due to the built in expiration date that kids have, but I would have loved to have stayed longer, geek out, and really appreciate the art work.

An Unexpected Art Show - 1 An Unexpected Art Show - 2
An Unexpected Art Show - 3 An Unexpected Art Show - 9
An Unexpected Art Show - 6 An Unexpected Art Show - 7 An Unexpected Art Show - 10 An Unexpected Art Show - 8 An Unexpected Art Show - 4 An Unexpected Art Show - 5

The Tower was present of course everyone seemed to enjoy seeing it. They said this will be the last time they put it out for public display. I'm curious as to what its ultimate destiny will be. Will be broken down for parts? Kept at someone house on permanent display? Sold to a collector?

Tower of Orthanc - 3 Tower of Orthanc - 2

And not to brag, but I think my daughter stole the show. Fairy wings will do that.

Tower of Orthanc - 1
Farewell

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/23/onelug-debuts-new-works-at-an-unexpected-art-show/
Staff

Re: OneLUG Debuts New Works at An Unexpected Art Show

Postby akunthita » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:08 am

That LEGO artwork is beautiful! Especially the horse! But your daughter is definitely the highlight of the show! Love those fairy wings and cute shoes, and she has the smile to go with it! :D
Tips & Tricks with LEGO Bricks! http://thebrickblogger.com/
akunthita

Postby cstojano » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

I have fond nothing about how to see all the artwork showcased last night let alone a place to buy it. Was it really meant to be so exclusive? I collect LOTR 2D art and would have loved to have seen some of this. I know TORN showcased some of it but not a lot. Seems a shame.
cstojano

Postby onions » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:01 pm

unfortunately it was a one night only event and because of that, all of the artwork was taken down and sent back to their owners yesterday.
onions
Damp Noodle

Return to Licensed Themes