Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Spieletest Videos Presents Iron Man & Superman Sets

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Spieletest Videos Presents Iron Man & Superman Sets

Postby Staff » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 am

UPDATE: The video has been made private, little doubt through a request from LEGO.

I know people have been wondering what the Iron Man and Superman sets looked like at Toy Fair and I've tried to give details, but it's difficult. I didn't spend much time looking at them because of the photography embargo, so this video popping up is a definite help to all the curious fans. Spieletest posted this and another quick video featuring Iron Man sets on Toyark.com and another comment on the post indicates the Iron Man sets may be trickling out already. Taking another quick view, I can tell you that the smaller Black Zero Escape set had Zod emerging from the building/doorway and Lois Lane was in the escape pod/containment cell thing. The Smallville set, as I mentioned previously, focuses on the Kryptonian ship and it does have a number of nice parts. Take a look at the video and I think you'll see why they chose to stick a bright yellow car in the smallest set as the theme seems to have a generally dark palette and seems pretty meh overall. The video also shows the new Kryptonian battle armour that I'm sure will be popular with the customizers out there.

So with this video, you've seen pretty much everything LEGO offered at the Toy Fairs. I'll do up a post highlighting Hasbro's contribution/dilution to the brick wars and I think that'll wrap things up for this trip.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/18/spieltest-videos-presents-iron-man-superman-sets/
Staff

Re: Spieletest Videos Presents Iron Man & Superman Sets

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 am

I think the people doing those display set ups must have been high or something :P Superman's driving a car and the Batboat is flying.

I have to say that I like the army dude's jeep though, and the pod thing too and the helmets on the Kryptonian armour look a bit Engineer-y (that is, Engineers from 'Prometheus'), but I think I'll stick with the smallest MOS set, I think that Zod looks a bit more unique and less 'generic soldier'. I'm surprised that War Machine was without his gun though.
CaptainFordo

Postby darth_fett » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 pm

it says 'video set to private' and is unviewable. is this because i am trying to view it on a public computer? I've logged into fbtb and it still says the same thing. or is it on the end of the person who posted the video?
darth_fett

Postby hatcher » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I get the same message. It worked yesterday though. Odd.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Spieletest may have been asked to take it down. Unfortunate for those that missed it, but the sets will appear soon enough.
buriedbybricks

Postby wegj » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm not sure who exactly those pale face Iron Man peeps are
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby wegj » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

I wonder if we'll get an Iron Patriot in the long run.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:50 pm

wegj wrote:I'm not sure who exactly those pale face Iron Man peeps are

Beige suit is Aldrich Killian, creator of Extremis and the other dude is Extremis Soldier. Their heads glow in the dark apparently.
CaptainFordo

Return to Licensed Themes