Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UK Toy Fair 2013 ... Lone Ranger

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

UK Toy Fair 2013 ... Lone Ranger

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:02 pm

All of the Lone Ranger sets were on display, although the minifigures for 4 of the sets were not present at the Toy Fair ... they were all replaced with standard yellow figures.  The release date were were given was 19th July, although the dealer catalogue I have suggests May.  The sets overall looked really good and may we  drive a resurgence is interest in cowboy themes.  The guy who was showing us these sets said that the Lone Ranger figure is different in each set, although I can't vouch for that as we didn't see all the variants.

79106 Cavalry Builder Set ... a nice little "battle pack" set, with 3 cavalry figure and the Lone Ranger.  Comes with a horse (the one that can rear up, that first came in the LOTR sets) and a small fort & cannon.  Price point £11.99.

79107 Comanche Camp ... a set consisting of a wigwam, canoe and a scorpion pit.  Comes with 3 figures, Lone Ranger, Tonto and Chief Redmeat (if I heard my audio recording correctly).  Price point £19.99.

79108 Stagecoach Escape ... a pretty nice looking stagecoach (with proper suspension), featuring 5 minifigures ... Tonto, Lone Ranger, 2 bad guys and Red Harrington, plus 3 horses.  Apparently, the safe that's on top of the Stagecoach was a Lego invention and they liked it so much, they put it in the film!  Price point £29.99.

79109 Colby City Showdown ... a bank and a jail, both of which have plenty of play features where parts of the sets will blow up ... a safe, the front of the bank and the jail cell.  Figures include 2 bad guys, Dan Reid, Tonto and the Lone Ranger.  Price point £39.99.

79110 Silver Mine Shootout ... a pretty nice playset, again featuring parts of the set that will blow up.  Set features Tonto, the Lone Ranger, 2 baddies and another Indian.  There seemed to be some nice chrome silver parts too (Coins, bullion bars etc), which is the treasure the baddie is trying to steal, I assume.   Price point £69.99.

79111 Constitution Train Chase ... a great looking train, including a complete circle of track and seven minifigures - Rebecca Reid, Tonto, Lone Ranger, Rebecca Reid's son, cavalry officer (that had a rather nice cavalry hat and hair mold) and another bad guy who also has a working gattling gun, which was a good play feature indeed.  Price point £79.99.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/22/uk-toy-fair-2013-lone-ranger/
Staff

Re: UK Toy Fair 2013 ... Lone Ranger

Postby gomek » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 am

I'm going to take a lack of comments here as a sign of lack of interest.

I've often said Lego would be much better off with classic movies than with current fly by night ones. I'm not sure what possessed Lego to get behind Speed Racer. Even Prince of Persia (albeit Disney) was very questionable, and I recall those sets being on clearance for quite some time.

I will predict two things. This series will not do well, and Lego will not be able to keep the Back to the Future Delorean in stock. (And I'm not even that into BTTF, I've got my fingers crossed for Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters though)

Lego puts too much stock into movies (as I've mention in previous posts). With DVDs and the internet 'old' is the new 'new'. It costs me $50 to bring my kids to the movies, which I rarely do. Movie night at home, watching classic movies with my kids, is free, and quite frankly, more enjoyable. And I know that I'm not alone.
gomek

Postby onions » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:13 pm

the thing with these one offs, is that i don't think anyone on lego's end expects the line to last more than a release, maybe two. if you look at other merch tied into any movie, they too go way of the dodo once the movie's out of the theaters. all the movies you named are prime examples. it's just marketing/toy tie ins. it's nothing new. just new to lego.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Hey, at least we get a new awesome cattle-skull piece.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby gomek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 am

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:Hey, at least we get a new awesome cattle-skull piece.

Hmmm.. yes, I will have to get one of those.. that being said, it could have just as easily been in a non-licensed set.
gomek

Postby sparkart » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm looking forward to getting a more generic looking man-in-a-mask minifig head. I'm tired of my dread Pirate Roberts minifig looking like Robin.
sparkart

Postby digitalwizards » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Does anyone know if the train is powered, or push only?
digitalwizards

Postby bigospedros » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm

digitalwizards wrote:Does anyone know if the train is powered, or push only?

Push only ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Return to Licensed Themes