Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game Is On The Way!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game Is On The Way!

Postby Nerfman1234 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:16 pm

After some thinking, I realized that this will probably release around the same time as Iron Man 3/Thor: The Dark World hits theaters, like all of the LEGO games usually do. I can't believe it took me that long to realize that. I guess if you are too lazy to hire a company to make a mediocre game, just secure the LEGO theme license for your film and they'll make you a game. :D
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Nerfman1234 wrote:After some thinking, I realized that this will probably release around the same time as Iron Man 3/Thor: The Dark World hits theaters, like all of the LEGO games usually do. I can't believe it took me that long to realize that. I guess if you are too lazy to hire a company to make a mediocre game, just secure the LEGO theme license for your film and they'll make you a game. :D

I really think TT are onto a winning formula. Like Pokémon, their games barely evolve between iterations, but the core gameplay is so much fun and the charm of seeing your favourite characters recreated (with often ridiculous accuracy, I mean look at all the little details in Lego Star Wars like Anakin having a green saber at the end of Episode II) means that they will continue to sell well.

Plus, now that they have a basic formula down, it's not like they have to build (pardon the pun) a new game from scratch each time, they already have a fair few existing assets to hand.
CaptainFordo

Postby gomek » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 pm

The core game play being the same is actually a huge plus for me. It means my kids can basically pick up and go. Honestly I don't want any 'advancements'.

So many games my kids take out of the box, they can't figure it out within 10 minutes and then they dismiss it. And it might as well be a coaster at that point.Between Lego Star Wars and Wii Sports Resort its more than half their usage.

Also.. I'm very encouraged that the Fantastic Four are in the game. It shows me at least someone associated with Lego is broadening their view of the Marvel universe.
gomek

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 am

Mmm, it's not a bad thing, because it's a good core to work with. A few things to make the games different beyond the licence is always good though. I'd say that of all the Lego games though, POTC is probably the only one that didn't have anything unique about it (LSW II had a new shooting and melee system, LSW III had strategy parts, Harry Potter had spells, Indy had puzzles, DC 2 had free-roam etc.), it was merely a refinement of the existing formula, but very good nonetheless.
CaptainFordo

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes