Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Harry Potter: The Video Game

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Lego Harry Potter: The Video Game

Postby Flynn » Fri May 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Didn't they already announce a LEGO HP game was coming out?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby meeotch » Fri May 29, 2009 1:07 pm

There was a rumor about it that was wrapped up in the same rumor of a supposed IJ2 game, which as of now is confirmed. So while it's still just a rumor, I'd say it has more legs than before.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby ccjwprongs » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:17 am

Confirmation and trailer!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/01/lego-harry-potter-magically-appearing-in-2010/

Warner Bros. and Traveller's Tales have finally announced that Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is coming to all major platforms, including 9 3/4. (That's some tragic Hogwarts humor for y'all.) The game will release on "next generation console and handheld" consoles sometime next year.

We'd go into more detail, but who hasn't played a Lego [fill in major franchise name here] yet? Seriously, we need a picture of a Lego cow's shriveled and dry teat.
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby SIMAFOL » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:43 am

Great! Now I HAVE to buy a next gen system. It's a good thing that it's years 1-4, we'll get a sequel. And I really want that swaddled baby as an element.
-s-
SIMAFOL

Postby skelltor » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:37 pm

i hope it is availabul for pc
skelltor

Postby Marf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm

I dont really think we'll be getting a sequel. The Harry Potter line literally dropped after goblet of fire. And the fact that those are the dark ones. :S
---Josh---
(]HHHHH*H[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marf

Postby legofett » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Great if there's hopes for potter then there is definatly hopes for batman! BTW this game looks awsome!!!
legofett

Postby GrayMattR » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:02 pm

No game would be complete without Harry kissing Ginny. XD Oh, wait, that's not 'til year five or six... bummer. I'll probably still get this game because there will be so much to try out.
GrayMattR

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 am

I am sorely tempted to use language that is not permitted here. The trailer at least strongly implies that this will NOT be available on PC! So just let me say, "@#$%^&*!!!"

Seriously, I am excited by the prospect of this game, but I ain't buying a game console just for this, especially when I already own a PC that should MORE than be able to handle it. >:(
Mister Ed

Postby legofett » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:18 pm

:lol: Mister ed get a dang next-gen consol. No offense at all, but I must of seen at least ten posts in the lego indiana jones 2 discussion about you wining that it won't be on pc, i'm sorry but I just could not resist! :lol:
legofett

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:14 pm

legofett wrote::lol: Mister ed get a dang next-gen consol. No offense at all, but I must of seen at least ten posts in the lego indiana jones 2 discussion about you wining that it won't be on pc, i'm sorry but I just could not resist! :lol:

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 WILL be on PC. At least according to the latest press release. I don't recall whining about it not being on PC, since as soon as it was officially announced they said it was on PC. I may have mentioned that I would be annoyed if it wasn't on PC, but certainly not 10 times. :)

And, no, I will not get a console. In the last several years, the only games that have not been available for PC that I actually wanted to play were LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga (which was really only a couple new levels, so it not being on PC probably just forced me into the same decision I SHOULD have made anyway about not buying it), and now this LEGO Harry Potter. Ponying up for a console so I can play ONE GAME (which will ALSO be overpriced compared to PC games) just isn't a good plan.
Mister Ed

Postby AlternativeRadio » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:19 pm

I don't know why they wouldn't release if for the PC. They have for evry game in the past, correct? The LEGO games are also very popular among the younger children who aren't really old enough to play on the consoles, so you'd think PC would be a no brainer.
AlternativeRadio

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Every game except LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga has been released for PC, true, and I still HOPE that trend will continue. Perhaps they just failed to mention that this is coming on PC as well.

However, in fairness, I think it is probably true that more young kids have access to a game console than a PC that can actually run these games WELL. I had to buy a fairly nice graphics card for mine to get them to run at all (though they do run nicely now).
Mister Ed

Postby Plo Koon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Are they for sure only doing 1-4 and are they doing it on PS2?
Plo Koon

Postby onions » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:28 am

Closing topic. Continue discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2657
onions
Founder
Founder

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes