Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Xbox Lord of The Rings Game Contains Demo Disc

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Xbox Lord of The Rings Game Contains Demo Disc

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 am

LEGO LOTR Xbox

Update: It has been confirmed by IGN that even though the disc is labeled as a demo, it does contain a fully playable copy of the game. The demo disc is a result of a labeling error. Also, WB is issuing a recall for those consumers that wish to get a non-error disc. You may contact customer service by email at [email protected] or phone at 410-568-3680.

GameInformer is reporting that some shipments of the Xbox 360 version of the LEGO Lord of the Rings game contains a demo disc instead of the actual game disc. Some Gamestop locations are opening up the jewel cases to make sure customers get the correct product. If you're planning on picking up the game for the Xbox, be sure to open it at the store so you're not surprised in a bad way when you get home.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/13/xbox-lord-of-the-rings-game-contains-demo-disc/
Staff

Re: Xbox Lord of The Rings Game Contains Demo Disc

Postby Gandalf1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 pm

That's pretty terrible. Though I just want a PS3 demo to play until I actually get the game.
"I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers."
Gandalf1

Postby Ibiscribe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Ouch. I can imagine this is a good suggestion for anyone who was going to gift the game to someone else, as well... otherwise Christmas morning might be just a bit awkward. :O
Ibiscribe

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Ibiscribe wrote:Ouch. I can imagine this is a good suggestion for anyone who was going to gift the game to someone else, as well... otherwise Christmas morning might be just a bit awkward. :O

Better make sure nobody else is giving the same thing, though (or if they are, that they didn't open theirs) because I'm betting that opening them, even to check this, will still make them unreturnable in many, many places (unless they DO have the demo disc in them).
Mister Ed

Postby ufjason » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Are they giving out the Elrond polybags for those who preordered?
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 pm

ufjason wrote:Are they giving out the Elrond polybags for those who preordered?

My gamestop is holding back the 360 release tomorrow, and they never got the Elrond's when it was supposed to hit last week, so just waiting. :(
Gooker1

Postby banthafodder » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Gooker1 wrote:they never got the Elrond's when it was supposed to hit last week

All of a sudden a large lot of Elronds appear on ebay (not really) but that sounds suspicious. I did pick up my PS3 version today and did get the Elrond. Had to wait in a thirty minute line to get through those that were waiting for black ops. The guy at the counter looked at me funny when I said I wasn't there to get black ops but rather the new Lego game.
banthafodder

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 am

I read that these discs are actually just mislabelled. They all contain the full game. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/14 ... ngs_discs/
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby lego the hutt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:34 am

I got my xbox full version of the game, not a demo, and elrond minifig on the 13th with no issues. This was in Oregon...
lego the hutt

Postby mjacobson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Let's see: I got an extra $5 off (10%) because I told a clerk that I was there for Lego LotR and asked if I had to wait in the long-ass CoD: Black Ops 2 line. ("Yes, I'm sorry, but that's the line for everything: purchases, trade-ins..."). So, I waited in for 40 minutes, got up to the counter with the SAME clerk and she tells me it's been delayed until the next day! :shock: :facepalm: :roll: >8( (<--representations of my feelings)
Wednesday evening, I go back and wait 20 minutes in line and pick up the game, the pre-order Elrond, a miniposter and then the clerk asks if I want a t-shirt. "gorram right, I do!", I loudly thought in my own head. There was also a code for a Weapons and Magical Items Pack DLC.
mjacobson

Return to Licensed Themes