Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Batman: The Movie - Trailer

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Batman: The Movie - Trailer

Postby Staff » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:02 am

IGN just posted this trailer (previously screened at NYCC) for the upcoming LEGO Batman movie.  Take a look:



I have to say it seems a bit deceptively titled since it feels more like a LEGO Justice League movie with that setup. Sure, the tagline is DC Super Heroes Unite, but I can't help but feel that Batman is pulling a few strings to make it seem like it's all about him. Whatever the case, my immediate reaction to the trailer was "that giant joker bot would be awesome for our contest". I have a one track mind. Looks fun though.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/18/lego-batman-the-movie-trailer/
Staff
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: LEGO Batman: The Movie - Trailer

Postby Drock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:28 am

Seems like a lot of the footage was taken from the cut scenes of the video game. Hopefully the movie is much more than just a re-hash of the video game story. We'll probably all buy it though, because - like The Padawan Menace - it will likely come with a minifig. :facepalm:
Drock
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: LEGO Batman: The Movie - Trailer

Postby batsamd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:24 am

I'll buy it even if it doesn't come with a fig. If it does, that would be a nice bonus, though. :)

It'll be nice to have the cutscenes as a movie to watch instead of having to go through the game or watching them on YouTube, like I do.

I'm assuming they'll have to flesh out the cutscenes to fill in the blanks where the video game level action takes place, since watching the cutscenes on Youtube you have the jump from the intro cutscene to the post-gameplay cutscene, which is a little jarring at times.

Guessing it'll probably be about 30 minutes long, so I would have called it LEGO Batman Special, not movie.

Wish they would go back and do voices for LEGO Batman 1 cutscenes and make a movie of that as well, but I doubt that will happen.

Maybe as special features the LEGO Batman 1 cutscenes and commercials could be included.

If it does come with a fig, guessing it'll be another special suit from the game, maybe Robin in cold gear since we're getting a Batman in cold gear in a set next year.
batsamd
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:00 am

Re: LEGO Batman: The Movie - Trailer

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 am

batsamd wrote:I'll buy it even if it doesn't come with a fig. If it does, that would be a nice bonus, though. :)

It'll be nice to have the cutscenes as a movie to watch instead of having to go through the game or watching them on YouTube, like I do.

I'm assuming they'll have to flesh out the cutscenes to fill in the blanks where the video game level action takes place, since watching the cutscenes on Youtube you have the jump from the intro cutscene to the post-gameplay cutscene, which is a little jarring at times.

Guessing it'll probably be about 30 minutes long, so I would have called it LEGO Batman Special, not movie.

Wish they would go back and do voices for LEGO Batman 1 cutscenes and make a movie of that as well, but I doubt that will happen.

Maybe as special features the LEGO Batman 1 cutscenes and commercials could be included.

If it does come with a fig, guessing it'll be another special suit from the game, maybe Robin in cold gear since we're getting a Batman in cold gear in a set next year.



Wow - I love all your ideas!!! I think the cutscenes total up to like 17 mins or something like that, so they better flesh this out some!!

I'm gonna buy this sucker too, b/c the game doesn't allow you to watch all the cutscenes w/o playing the sucker.

I think the Coldsuit Robin will be a perfect minifigure!! I might have missed it, but was there a release date?
Gooker1
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: LEGO Batman: The Movie - Trailer

Postby gomek » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Why on Earth would they do another Robin (there are already 3) when we don't even have one Flash, Cyborg, or Martian Manhunter, and the only Green Lantern available is $150 bucks.
gomek
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: LEGO Batman: The Movie - Trailer

Postby batsamd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 am

Gooker1 wrote:I might have missed it, but was there a release date?


Unfortunately, no. :(

Hoping it'll be out in time for Christmas. If LEGO Star Wars The Empire Strikes Out is out around the same time, then that would be awesome to get both for a animated LEGO filled evening. :)

gomek wrote:Why on Earth would they do another Robin (there are already 3) when we don't even have one Flash, Cyborg, or Martian Manhunter, and the only Green Lantern available is $150 bucks.


It seems the exclusive figures packaged with items, such as the Visual Dictionary books or DVDs, are figures that normally wouldn't get made without the special-ness of the primary item's release.

The Award Ceremony Luke and Han would probably not have been released if not for the Star Wars Visual Dictionary books, or the young Han that came packaged with the Padawan Menace blu-ray.

Similar to the Electro-suit Batman that came with the Batman Visual Dictionary probably wouldn't be made if not for the release of the book.

Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern have a high probability of being made without having to be attached to another item's release because all of them are/were Justice League members and are pretty famous, which means they can either be included in a set with another hero (like Wonder Woman with Superman or Aquaman with Batman) or possibly carry their own set.
batsamd
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:00 am


Return to Licensed Themes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests