Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Teases Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Teases Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:10 pm

LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 1

The rumors are true: LEGO has a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles license.

I received the above promo in the mail today and thought it was merely a promo piece for their first ever booth presence at New York Comic Con that kicks off tomorrow. Upon closer inspection, however, the bottom of the pizza slice box says "Box design and printing, Casey Jones LTD." and it all clicked together, pretty much confirming what is going to be unveiled tomorrow at NYCC.

Open the box up and you get a nice custom printed instruction booklet and a ziploc bag of parts to create your very own pizza slice. And of course, this wouldn't be America without the lawyers getting their disclaimers in there: "LEGO pizza slice is for amusement, not for consumption." 'Cause you know some kid is going to try and eat it unless told otherwise.

This is honestly one of the smartest promotional items LEGO has ever done. There's nothing spectacular about the actual build or the final model, but the packaging design and the concept behind it is nothing short of genius. I tip my hat to you, LEGO. Of course, it would be better if it had some sort of exclusive Casey Jones minifig included, but nonetheless, it was a nice surprise.

LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 2
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 3 LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 4
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 5 LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 6
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 7
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 8 LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 9
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 10 LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 11
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Promo 12

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/10/lego-teases-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/
Staff

Re: LEGO Teases Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Postby Flynn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:13 pm

I think the "amusement, not consumption" line is a joke, though part of me feels like I missed some obvious sarcasm in the post...
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby onelogue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 am

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted on comic con and their announcement.
Wish I could be there
onelogue

Postby hassmyster » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:11 am

That is a really awesome promo. I want one...
hassmyster

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 am

I didn't see anything on eBay, yet.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:33 am

Awesome awesome promo!! Thanks for sharing. Thanks TLG!
Gooker1

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 pm

I want one.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Licensed Themes