Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Set Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Set Revealed

Postby Ibiscribe » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am

You know, when I first saw that they were making LEGO Batman sets, I decided I was going to stick with Star Wars.
After seeing this set I'm not so sure about that. :p Lots of clever little details here. Love the architecture.
Ibiscribe

Postby Mr. Zero » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 am

Lego have done a pretty great job at leaving originality at the door on the new batman superheroes sets, although this does look awesome, it's easy to see where the old set has influenced the new one.

It may not all be bad though, there was a Killer Croc minifig in the old batman series which will hopefully mean a brand new one will be on its way, also with the Monster Hunters theme making the bat-vampire minifigs popular (as well as the minifigure collectible series), I wonder if lego will finally release a man-bat figure?

I really hope that summer 2013 will give us some dc heroes sets other than batman, or batman featuring a member of the justice league (and I'm not counting the Man of Steel sets). Show some love for Green Lantern and the Flash?
Mr. Zero

Postby batsamd » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Mr. Zero wrote:I really hope that summer 2013 will give us some dc heroes sets other than batman, or batman featuring a member of the justice league (and I'm not counting the Man of Steel sets). Show some love for Green Lantern and the Flash?

That's why I'm excited for the Aquaman set. :)

To bad we're not getting one of Aquaman's villains, but at least we're getting another non-Batman/Superman hero. A Black Manta or Ocean Master would've been really cool.

For 2012 we saw DC sets in Winter (Dec. '11 - Jan. '12) and Marvel sets in early Summer due to Avengers movie release date, wonder if that will be the same pattern for 2013? If so, then we won't get any DC sets in the summer.

If we go by the figures shown at SDCC '12, then we should only get two more DC sets, the TDKR Bane, Batman & Gordon and the Mr. Freeze, white Batman & Aquaman sets, since the Arkham set is taking up the rest of the figures shown.

That seems like a small run of sets, especially since this new Arkham is a LEGO exclusive, don't think they'll be able to stock up store shelves with just two sets, unless the older ones stick around for another year.

Either that or they're going to start mixing the releases, since there were some Marvel figures shown at SDCC '12 too.

Either way, I'm hoping the rest of the DC sets aren't to expensive, because the price of Arkham is still giving me sticker shock.
batsamd

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Mr. Zero wrote:I really hope that summer 2013 will give us some dc heroes sets other than batman, or batman featuring a member of the justice league (and I'm not counting the Man of Steel sets). Show some love for Green Lantern and the Flash?

How about a set with Aquaman? I think I can make that happen for you XD

Edit: D'oh, ninja'd.
buriedbybricks

Postby Drock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm

batsamd wrote:
For 2012 we saw DC sets in Winter (Dec. '11 - Jan. '12) and Marvel sets in early Summer due to Avengers movie release date, wonder if that will be the same pattern for 2013? If so, then we won't get any DC sets in the summer.

If we go by the figures shown at SDCC '12, then we should only get two more DC sets, the TDKR Bane, Batman & Gordon and the Mr. Freeze, white Batman & Aquaman sets, since the Arkham set is taking up the rest of the figures shown.

That seems like a small run of sets, especially since this new Arkham is a LEGO exclusive, don't think they'll be able to stock up store shelves with just two sets, unless the older ones stick around for another year.

Either that or they're going to start mixing the releases, since there were some Marvel figures shown at SDCC '12 too.

Either way, I'm hoping the rest of the DC sets aren't to expensive, because the price of Arkham is still giving me sticker shock.

They're mixing releases. Winter will have:
Batboat w/white batman, Aquaman, and Mr Freeze
Bat and Tumbler w/ Batman, Gordon and Bane
Arkham
Spider-Man chase with Nick Fury and Venom
Daily Bugle w/ Spidey, J Jonah Jameson, Beetle, Nova, and Dr Doom

Spring/summer will be mixed, but will be from "Man of Steel" and "Ironman 3"
Drock

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes