Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Ferrari Promo Sets To Be Available From Shell

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Ferrari Promo Sets To Be Available From Shell

Postby Staff » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Huw over at Brickset got a tip about some new promotional sets from Shell and Ferrari. He did all the virtual leg work and has put all the details up for anyone interested, so I'd suggest you check it out. The basic breakdown is these six vehicles will be available at Hong Kong Shell stations for a couple of bucks ($20 HKD) when you buy $50 in gas ($400 HKD) and they should be available worldwide at some time. There's even a seventh set that should be available once the first six have been obtained. I'd expect a similar deal to get them when they are available and I suspect these will be popular with many collectors and tiny turbo fans. We'll keep an eye on this and try to keep you updated as these become available in other regions.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/08/02/ferrari-promo-sets-to-be-available-from-shell/
Staff

Re: Ferrari Promo Sets To Be Available From Shell

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:15 am

I think these are really cool, and if I have to pump at Shell when they arrive, then I guess I'll do that...too bad Shell is more expensive then most. :S
Gooker1

Postby sparkart » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 am

Oh, I'm in. This will definitely get me to change my gas buying habits for a little while.
sparkart

Postby Blacknight » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:21 am

I think the days of Lego partnering with fossil fuel companies should come to an end. Yeah, their product is made from plastic, but they shouldn't also be encouraging you to burn even more gas just to buy limited editions of their products. Partnering with a clean energy only firm, or a bicycle company, would be more in keeping with the wholesome corporate image Lego always tries to project.
Blacknight

Postby fuji143 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:23 pm

the whole set is out by September 21st i believe, and you can trade in the bags for mini figure set.

my friend is picking it all up for me, and once i have it all i'll post pics :D
fuji143

Postby Inzane » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Blacknight wrote:I think the days of Lego partnering with fossil fuel companies should come to an end. Yeah, their product is made from plastic, but they shouldn't also be encouraging you to burn even more gas just to buy limited editions of their products. Partnering with a clean energy only firm, or a bicycle company, would be more in keeping with the wholesome corporate image Lego always tries to project.

You are entitled to your opinion.

However I take a bit of offense to your broad stroke assumptions that affiliations with "clean energy only firms" somehow makes one "wholesome", or the reverse that fossil fuels makes one unwholesome (or evil?).

What's next... are we going to get religious propaganda too?

I am curious though, is this promotion an indication that the Lego Ferrari theme is not dead and might be coming back? :cool:
Inzane

Return to Licensed Themes