Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lord of the Rings UK release?!?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Lord of the Rings UK release?!?

Postby ginja » Fri May 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey,

I just re-read the 'Lego lord of the rings uk toy fair 2012' story on here, as I am getting jealous of the American's so far having all the fun, and it states that the UK release is in August, is this so? Because elsewhere I have found one reference in an amazon discussion that mentions June to be the release date. But yet I noticed on the American lego site, there was a story about the LOTR lego on the 'What's new' feed a few weeks prior to the release, and there has been no such mention on the UK site...I know I am being impatient, it's just frustrating that they released the line up in America so long before over here. So this is a long way of asking: Any news on when the sets are coming out over here? Any ideas on why there was the staggered release? I mean I understand often these things are planned in that way, just wondering if there was a specific reason in this case.

Thanx in advance.
ginja

Re: Lord of the Rings UK release?!?

Postby LEGOlas » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:48 am

I don't think there's a specific reason, it's just something they do to hype the new sets up in the countries they aren't out in. Summer Star Wars came out first in Europe, LotR in the US. I think it's somewhat random.
LEGOlas

Return to Licensed Themes