Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Super Heroes Movie Iphone App: My amateur work!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Lego Super Heroes Movie Iphone App: My amateur work!

Postby kn3vil » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I was excited to download this new app. I ended up making two vids with MARVEL sets, with a very old backdrop from Lego's movie set (if you remember at all)... Hope you like it as much as I do!!
This one is my Capt. America adventure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJsjZJGMCtg&context=C4ea6d3dADvjVQa1PpcFNcxzSQR4_Z67Duu2wZq6GgPpLPZO3tmPs=

This is the Hawkeye Adventure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBncakJGiY&context=C418e60aADvjVQa1PpcFNcxzSQR4_Z681ClU3bxE9nYzcBZQzzKOs=

Sorry if u can see my fingers, this was some tough work!! :lol: :lol:
kn3vil

Re: Lego Super Heroes Movie Iphone App: My amateur work!

Postby batsamd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:25 am

Are these your first brick-films?

I've never done any brick-films myself, but both had a lot of jitter. I know it's hard to make sure the iphone is in the same location everytime you take a photo if you're holding the iphone in your hand and putting it down everytime to move the minifigures.

I would suggest proping the iphone against something and not moving the phone unless necessary.

In the end, though, I thought both were pretty good, especially if they're your first brick-films and for using a free app.

Personally, I think the Capt. America one is shot better and the story seemed to flow better.

Good job!

EDIT: I thought I'd seen iphone tripods, and found Mini Adjustable Tripod+camera Holder for Iphone and Other Cellphone on Amazon currently selling for $4.60.

There's also a tripod adapter, Stand with Mini Tripod Mount Adapter for iPhone 4G (Black) for $7.39 on Amazon.

Not trying to pressure you into buying anything, but thought it may be worth the investment if you plan to do more brick-films in the future. There are some negative notes on some of the user uploaded photos, but they're rated at 3 and 4 stars, respectively.

Can you use a standalone digital camera to take photos, copy them to your phone and use the app to make a movie, or do you have to use the app to take the photos?
batsamd

Return to Licensed Themes