Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Kellogg's Tony the Tiger LEGO

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Kellogg's Tony the Tiger LEGO

Postby mturner123 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi. I found a unique Kellogg's Tony the Tiger Lego figure. He is around 11" tall. He is permanently assembled. He is marked "Lego" on one side and "Kellogg's" on the other. I have read that it was a promotional item, not sold to the public. I would like to know more about it. Does anyone have any additional information about this item?
mturner123

Re: Kellogg's Tony the Tiger LEGO

Postby Draykov » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Looks like there's a reference to it on Bricklink.

A quick Google search revealed some sources which claim that it's an item made available to Kellogg's employees exclusively, but I have no idea how reliable that information is.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby mturner123 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Thank you Draykov. I appreciate your help. I followed the referenced link, Bricklink, but found no additional information. I will keep searching.
mturner123

Postby Draykov » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Yeah, it definitely seems like some kind of one-off/special occasion sort of deal given the fact that it's glued and there's no set number associated with it. The idea that it's some kind of internal company promo seems to be pretty likely.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby legomason » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 pm

That's Gr-r-reat!
legomason

Postby Draykov » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:09 pm

The guys over at "A Look at LEGO" podcast recently did a video tour of the LEGO Museum in Bellaire, Ohio. In the video, at about the 4:40 mark, you can spot Tony along with a Toucan Sam and Ernie the Keebler Elf.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Witha_K » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:22 am

Those were designed and produced in the Enfield Model Shop. Memory is a bit sketchy on this one but probably around 1997 or 98 with perhaps less than a couple dozen being built.
Witha_K

Return to Licensed Themes