Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary

Postby batsamd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 am

Brickipedia shows a LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary coming out this year, with what I'm guessing is a prelim pic of the cover.

The cover shows the book will also cover the Superman set and come with an exclusive minifig. I'm hoping for a Commissioner Gordon, because I think that's about the only way we'll get him.

Unfortunately, I don't think a Gordon minifig would be much of a draw for kids, so it'll probably be Batman in an alternate suit based off of either the LEGO Batman 1 or 2 game.

US Amazon has the book for preorder but no cover shown.
batsamd

Re: LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:52 am

Sweet! Soon i can go to TRU and see all the exclusive minifigures missing
crazybirdman

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:45 pm

I think it's cool they're doing a visiual dictionary on Batman for the purpose of an exclusive figure, but I don't think it's necessary. There are only about 15 or so total sets, so I think it will be a rather underwhelming book.
Gooker1

Postby batsamd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Gooker1 wrote:I think it's cool they're doing a visual dictionary on Batman for the purpose of an exclusive figure, but I don't think it's necessary. There are only about 15 or so total sets, so I think it will be a rather underwhelming book.

I'm hoping they have a prelim/non-produced sets section similar to the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary, where the non-produced Yavin IV base was shown.

Also, the LSW book I believe was the first time we saw the new Hoth Rebel Trooper hats, so hopefully we'll get to see some teasers in the book, maybe even a hint of the Green Lantern set.

Speaking of Green Lantern, since this book will include the DC Superheroes line, maybe the exclusive minifig will be an alien Green Lantern, that would be cool, like Tomar-Re or Sinestro before he goes rogue.

Unfortunately I doubt we'll be seeing very many alien Green Lanterns in this theme, so the exclusive minifig may be a perfect way to get one.
batsamd

Postby batsamd » Wed May 02, 2012 7:59 am

piemaster1446 on Eurobrick's forums found some new info on the LEGO Batman VIsual Dictionary.

Looks like the exclusive figure will be Electro-suit Batman. As I thought, no Commish Gordon, probably a suit Batman has in LEGO Batman 2 video game.

Oh well, there are some good pics of a few pages from the book.

Looks like the book will have 96 pages, the same as the Star Wars Visual Dictionary.

Guess the comic strips are to flesh out the book some more, unless all the sets get double page spreads, because even including the Superman set, I don't think there are enough Batman sets to fill 96 pages.
batsamd

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks for posting that over here. I like how they used the comics and description about the video game as more filler for the book. I'm excited to get it though. :)
Gooker1

Postby batsamd » Wed May 02, 2012 2:31 pm

I actually preordered the book from Amazon earlier today, that and the Ultimate LEGO Batman Sticker book.

Now I just have to wait till September or so to get that box. :(
batsamd

Return to Licensed Themes