Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[MOC] Isla Da Muerta

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

[MOC] Isla Da Muerta

Postby Pepper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 pm

The island in the Caribbean Sea where Captain Hector Barbossa and his cursed crew hoard their stolen treasure, this scene is from the end of the first Pirates of the Caribbean film, "The Curse of the Black Pearl." This is my entry for the "Veracruz, Mexico" (treasury) category of the JRCIII competition on the Forbidden Cove forum.

Isla Da Muerta by PepperSkywalker, on Flickr

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepperskyw ... 887462768/
Pepper

Re: [MOC] Isla Da Muerta

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:52 am

Oh, me likey! This is a great Pirates MOC. Very craggy, and with the stairs and everything, it looks just like the movie. You did a great job with the piles of treasure around, it's so diverse with all the different gold and jewel-y things, looks like a real bounty. My favorite details are the impaled skeleton and the C-3PO "easter egg," reminds me of the droids glyph you can catch in the Indiana Jones movie.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Pepper » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks, @MrCRskater! I'm glad that you found 3PO, but did you find all of his parts or just his head? :P He's all there... in pieces... :P
Pepper

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:18 am

I must confess I can't spot 3PO =/ I like the Blackbeard skeleton though, even if it is a tie paradox :P The stairs are very nice, I was annoyed they didn't make much of an effort with the official set, the stairs are like half the location's character.
CaptainFordo

Postby Pepper » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 am

@CaptainFordo, 3PO's head and torso are near something purple, and the rest of him is scattered throughout. :P Thanks, it's actually not supposed to be Blackbeard, but Jacoby the bomb guy from the first movie. :P Actually, my annoyance with the official set is what prompted me to make this, it was lacking in so many ways, it could have easily been a $120+ set if they had put some effort into it.
Pepper

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Oh right, that makes sense too, he had a more noticably fiery beard anyway. =P And yeah, I saw the review on here and it looked awful =/ (a lot of them did..)\ Glad I just ended up buying a standalone Jack off ebay :P

Ah I see 3PO now (c wut I did =P) but I only just noticed the monkey so my eyes are just bad lol.
CaptainFordo

Postby dWhisper » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:51 am

I love it! That captures the scene quite nicely, enough to wash the memories of the "official" Isla set right out of my brain.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Pepper » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:36 pm

@CaptainFordo, I thought that that beard seemed more like Jacoby's beard than Blackbeard's too. I ended up buying too many, they aren't actually that bad, except for a few smaller ones and the London Escape. Whitecap Bay was actually a really good build, IMO.
Actually I don't see what you did, what did you do? :P lol. I suppose the monkey does kind of blend in. :P

@dWhisper, Thanks! The official was terrible, but at least it inspired me to build this. I needed something superior. :P
Pepper

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:08 am

Pepper wrote:@CaptainFordo, I thought that that beard seemed more like Jacoby's beard than Blackbeard's too. I ended up buying too many, they aren't actually that bad, except for a few smaller ones and the London Escape. Whitecap Bay was actually a really good build, IMO.
Actually I don't see what you did, what did you do? :P lol. I suppose the monkey does kind of blend in. :P

@dWhisper, Thanks! The official was terrible, but at least it inspired me to build this. I needed something superior. :P

"I see 3PO" "I see-threepio" "I C3PO" :P
CaptainFordo

Postby Pepper » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 am

Oh, now I understand. That is funny. :P Thanks for explaining!
Pepper

Return to Licensed Themes