Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Another LEGO Cuusoo Milestone: Shaun of the Dead

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Another LEGO Cuusoo Milestone: Shaun of the Dead

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm in the same camp as Walter Boy. The Shaun of the Dead thing is lost on me - not into zombies and the accompanying apocalyptic gratuitous violence - and for those reasons it makes sense that LEGO would deem it inappropriate. I understand some arguments that many other LEGO themes are built around conflict (and even violence), but I believe this particular franchise takes those things to a different level than HP, etc. That said, it was a very fine model and a real bummer for those who were stoked on it.

HothTrooper wrote:. . . by restricting registered voters to ages 13+ and project designers to ages 18+, they invited a bunch of non-professional marketers/designers outside their target demographic who saw CUUSOO in an entirely different light. They saw it as a way to express their support for projects aimed at their demographics. In short, LEGO has a disconnect between the demographic they're aiming to reach with CUUSOO and the demographic the participants are aiming to reach.

I didn't know that about all the age limits, so thanks for the info, HothTrooper. You bring up a great point here, and with that in mind, it does seem like CUUSOO is targeting niche demographics. If that's the intent, then LEGO should be less stringent about filtering projects (even if they're more stringent about how/where they're marketed - I like dWhisper's notion of an online-only/S@H exclusive). If it's not the intent, then LEGO should revamp it or bag it to realize something that is more effective.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes