Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Trailer Debuts

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Trailer Debuts

Postby Staff » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 am

http://youtu.be/KX7eqhFUfOQ?hd=1

I hear voices and now you can too! I don't know how I feel about the little plastic people gaining voices after so many games, but it looks great so far. There's no specific release date other than "Summer," but it will be available on the Nintendo 3DS, DS, Wii, PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, and PC, basically everything.

[via EGM Now]
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/03/15/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes-trailer-debuts/
Staff

Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Trailer Debuts

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:15 am

Thank you!! Thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!! I looove the voices. It was soo hard playing hours and hours of Lego games w/o the voices. This makes me super happy, and can't wait to pick up the game!!!
Gooker1

Postby bruce n h » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey,

According to Amazon these will be released on June 1. You can pre-order them now. E.g. here is the link to the X-Box version.

Oh, one other thing, the US version of Amazon just has a dumb stand-in image, but on the French version they show the cover art for the games. E.g.:
That image was previously released in some promotional material, btw. One last, DC has posted this screen shot, which had me pretty excited this morning, but now the video you link is even better.

Bruce
bruce n h

Postby scottypavarotti » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:12 am

No footage yet of any heroes other than Bats and Supes. I assume Wonder Woman will show up at some point, and it would be good to see Green Lantern, although no news on any of the speculated GL sets yet...
scottypavarotti

Postby AGC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:55 am

I think the voices work well with this game because it's not based on a specific film or anything, so it will really help the player know what on earth is going on.

I hope it has a level creator. It would be awesome to get a marvel sup heroes game as well, or even a cross over game.
AGC

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:49 am

Voices? Blasphemy! :P Seriously though could be good, I just hope the voice acting is up to scratch. I doubt they'll be able to get Hamill sadly, but maybe Daly and Conroy.
CaptainFordo

Postby batsamd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 am

CaptainFordo wrote:Voices? Blasphemy! :P Seriously though could be good, I just hope the voice acting is up to scratch. I doubt they'll be able to get Hamill sadly, but maybe Daly and Conroy.

You can see the DC Nation short on Youtube.

It's the voice you hear in the trailer, so I get the feeling this will probably be the intro to LEGO Batman 2, especially since Tt Games logo shows up in the video.

Here's some info according to the DC Nation Shorts wiki page: "The preview for DC Nation included animation of Lego Batman.[9] The shorts will have Diedrich Bader reprising his role as Batman from Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Scott Menville reprising his role as Robin from Teen Titans, and will feature Steven Blum as The Joker.[citation needed]"

I already pre-ordered the game from Gamestop for the Lex Luthor fig, so hopefully this game will be good.

Also, there's a new Batman cartoon coming out next year called Beware the Batman. I read Cartoon Network's announcement and in the announcment it states: "New shows will include Ben 10: Omniverse, DreamWorks Dragons: The Series, a new LEGO project, Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, Nick Cannon Sketch Comedy Series and Annoying Orange."

I know I'm grasping at straws, but I would love to see a LEGO DC Superheroes cartoon, especially now that they're doing voices. I've seen LEGO Ninjago cartoon and although I'm not a fan of the theme, I do like the cartoon and have no problem with the voices.
batsamd

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

That's a great intro to the game!! I'm super excited about this game. It's a shame the Batman Lego sets didn't catch on right away when they were first released, or we might have seen more of the villains from that game. Hopefully this will have some longevity so we can see some new characters not previously seen!
Gooker1

Postby batsamd » Fri May 04, 2012 7:20 am

Looks like a pic of Green Lantern from LEGO Batman 2 has been posted on Flickr.

I hope this pic is legit, because I hated the ComicCon GL minifig that was based off of the awful Green Lantern costume in the terrible movie.

I would definitely love to have a GL minifig based off of this new pic.

Maybe we'll see a Classic GL minifig, too, with his entire torso and hips green. Would be great if they made more of the GL aliens and maybe even the Guardians of the Universe into minifigs.
batsamd

Postby cas » Fri May 04, 2012 8:17 am

It's legit, as in Green Lantern is in Lego Batman 2, but who knows if we'll ever see him again (this or any other iteration) in a real set.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby batsamd » Tue May 22, 2012 9:56 am

Found this article, Superman Might Be The Best Part of Lego Batman 2 that states there is no villain campaign in LEGO Batman 2.

This article, Batman Gets Top Billing, But This Could Be a Great Justice League Game, from the same site as the article above has a nice pic of Green Lantern with Wonder Woman and one of Aquaman. There's also an embedded video with some new footage, as well as Superman's voice!
batsamd

Postby SevFalcon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Anybody seen this yet?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170853-games-game-play-footage-of-lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes

Superman driving the Batmobile shooting at civilians? Closest thing to GTA in brickform, haha....
SevFalcon

Return to Licensed Themes