Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Toy Fair 2012: Marvel Super Heroes

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Toy Fair 2012: Marvel Super Heroes

Postby Staff » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Toy Fair 2012 - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape - 5

The Marvel Super Heroes sets have just finished uploading. Unfortunately, due to time and space constraints, we were not able to take as many quality pictures as we wanted. Hopefully, you will still be able to glean some tasty eye candy from them.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/12/lego-toy-fair-2012-marvel-super-heroes/
Staff

Re: LEGO Toy Fair 2012: Marvel Super Heroes

Postby DannyPowers » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Loving all the coverage sir. I feel that the minifigure counts are a bit low on some sets (probably missing the mysterious villains). Will definitely get Cap's cycle, Hellicarrier escape, Wolvie vs Hellicopter, and probably the Quinnjet. That last one really seems like it needs a few more figs included for the price.
DannyPowers

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 pm

You are correct. The villains were sort of tricky from what I understood. Ace can correct me here if I get this wrong, but they planned to show them, then someone inside Lego said they weren't allowed to yet so they were pulled and left behind, then the studio(s) stopped by and said it would be fine but by that time it was too late to get them to New York. So there are minifigures missing from those sets.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby MrCRskater » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Solo wrote:. . .they planned to show them, then someone inside Lego said they weren't allowed to yet so they were pulled and left behind. . .

Thanks for clarifying that, Don. Makes this line seem a little less anemic. The figs all look great, but the models aren't terribly impressive. Maybe they'll seem cooler after watching The Avengers movie this summer. Or maybe not.

One thing that's nice, though, is the Marvel sets are generally a good value. Except for the Helicarrier Breakout, they're all at or near the $0.10/part ratio, which we can all appreciate.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby metalface13 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:49 pm

For a line of sets coming out in about 3 months, you'd think they'd have more finished looking stuff on display. Loki's helmet and spear are too big for my tastes, I feel like they could be a tad smaller.

I'm a Marvel fan, but with the LOTR sets, upcoming SW sets and the current SW sets, I'll probably only be getting the cheaper sets.
metalface13

Postby Jabba the Taff » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 am

Glad to hear some of the minifgures are still prototypes. But some of these look nice even without the license. I'm a sucker for dark blue anyway. I hope there's more of 'big base-y' set coming though. Sad, but I like something to arrange the other sets around.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Sharpie Clone » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 am

Really hope the addition of villains will make the sets better. The smaller sets look quite anemic- really just for the MFs. I will probably pass (wallet sighs in relief).
Sharpie Clone

Postby darth_fett » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Great pics so far. My jaw is sore from hitting the floor so much. Why does the Cosmic Cube look like a 4x4 monster truck though?
darth_fett

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 am

Because that's Hawkeye's truck, not the Cosmic Cube. Pretty sure the Cosmic Cube was a 1x1 trans-light-blue brick. Might have been a stand in.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Licensed Themes