Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Official Images Of Marvel Superheroes Ultrabuilds

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Official Images Of Marvel Superheroes Ultrabuilds

Postby Staff » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 pm

4597 Captain America

The first official images of the Marvel half of the Superheroes Ultrabuild line have popped up online and there's been no noticable change since we first spied Hulk (still waiting on purple pants) and Iron Man last summer. As for the addition of Captain America, I must say that that shield is boss! Honestly, I just don't know where they're going with this line. Here they are anyway, in all their... ummm... *sigh*.

4529 Iron Man4530 Hulk

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/29/official-images-of-marvel-superheroes-ultrabuilds/
Staff

Re: Official Images Of Marvel Superheroes Ultrabuilds

Postby deadpool » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:15 pm

On the bright side, official normal LEGO Marvel sets will be revealed anytime now..... I hope
deadpool

Postby GregHyland » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Not really. April, from what I understand.

Also, these sets contain what could be the last colour comics I ever do for LEGO.
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Postby Blacknight » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 am

I can't believe they wasted oil to make these.
Blacknight

Postby bigospedros » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:25 am

buriedbybricks wrote:As for the addition of Captain America, I must say that that shield is boss!

When I saw these in the flesh last week that was quite literally the only good thought that went through my head. I really can't see the appeal of these sets.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:23 am

GregHyland wrote:Not really. April, from what I understand.

Also, these sets contain what could be the last colour comics I ever do for LEGO.

Say it aint so! No more books either?
crazybirdman

Postby GregHyland » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 am

Probably won't be doing to much work for LEGO that you actually SEE. However, they're keeping me busy with more "behind the scenes" stuff, so you see the results of my work. I'm doing a lot of storyboards for TV commercials, web and TV stuff, doing layouts for box designs (so I draw what the box picture looks like and the photographer sets it up based on my layout. Most of the last half 2011 Star Wars stuff was done by me. Just did some 2012/13 stuff last week) and some preliminary set designs (some of the new 2012 Star Wars was done by me, too).

Currently, the DC Ultrabuild comics was written and pencilled by me (in a hotel room at Brickworld last year!), and the comic in the Bat Cave set was pencilled by me. However, the Marvel Ultrabuild comics were written, pencilled, inked and coloured by me.

Have to say, that while I think the Ultrabuild character sets are weird, they're actually kinda fun! I had the prototypes since last summer to draw from, but they were kinda fun to play with. I think if you're already in to Hero Factory, you'll like them. If you're not, then you might be best off to avoid them. However, they're amazingly posable!
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Postby brickmodder » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

My 5 year old will love these!

brickmodder

Return to Licensed Themes