Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Hobbit Trailer Online Now

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

The Hobbit Trailer Online Now

Postby Staff » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc

Just a few days after the official announcement of LEGO licensing sets based on The Lord Of The Rings & The Hobbit, Warner Brothers has released the first trailer for the latter and I'd have to say it is fantastic. Take a look if you haven't already seen it (several times) and then prepare yourself to wait a whole year to see the full movie. At least we'll get some LOTR sets this summer to tide us over until next December.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/12/22/the-hobbit-trailer-online-now/
Staff

Re: The Hobbit Trailer Online Now

Postby zwolya » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:06 pm

I saw this for the first time this morning on the smart board during my history class. :lol:
Glad to see that it synergizes so well with the trilogy!
zwolya

Postby theone » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I CAN NOT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one year and 9 days to go (and counting)
theone

Postby Walter Boy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:44 am

While it's not likely that we will be seeing all the characters from the original LOTR trilogy again, this almost brought a tear to my eye. It literally melted my heart. It's that "warm embrace from a friend you haven't seen in ages" kinda feeling. :D
Walter Boy

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Pretty slick. The Gandalf/Galadriel scene gave me the creeps though.

Where is Gandalf in the scene where he is in a building walking along the edge of a shaft? Misty Mountain orc hideout?
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Walter Boy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:10 pm

I could be wrong, but that scene of Gandalf in the ruins might not have been in the book. It's been awhile since I read The Hobbit, but I believe there is a point in the book (Spoiler warning?) when Gandalf leaves the characters for a chapter or two. He leaves on some kind of unexpected business.

Check out this article and you'll understand what I mean. It talks about the "White Council", which was barely mentioned in the book. However, it was recorded in other Tolkien works, so it won't be made up entirely on its own.

Personally this gets me even more excited for the movie, while it might get more mixed reactions from other fans.
Walter Boy

Postby StoutFiles » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:Pretty slick. The Gandalf/Galadriel scene gave me the creeps though.

Where is Gandalf in the scene where he is in a building walking along the edge of a shaft? Misty Mountain orc hideout?

He is in Dor Guldur. It is a place in Mirkwood where the Necromancer (Sauron) currently lives. Gandalf goes there in the book, but the readers do not get to follow along as the book only follows Bilbo.
StoutFiles

Return to Licensed Themes