Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Indiana Jones 2009: First Impressions?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Indiana Jones 2009: First Impressions?

Postby Bricks » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:55 am

This is the discussion topic for the Licende theme: Indiana Jones in 2009.
Please remind:
-Don't post illegal or blurry pictures, which normally have a stamped watermark.
-First post is up-to-date
-And please abide by the other rules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INDIANA JONES:
(Pictures are link to SHOP@HOME)

7682: Shanghai Chase:

7683: Fight on the Flying Wing:

852504: Magnet Set Indiana Jones:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings 'Bricks'
Brickshelf---------------------------BrickNews
Bricks

Re: LEGO Indiana Jones 2009: S@H Links

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:52 am

I'm totally loving the new Indy sets, looking very forward to the upcoming ones this year. I'm tempted to pick up the Shanghai Chase, have a Target card that's burning a hole in my pocket :lol: Lost Tomb I would get just because it's got a Ark of the Covenant model in it :P Same for the upcoming Temple of Doom set, if I have the cash, I'd get it just for Mola Ram.
Firespray

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Shanghai chase looks great, the little tan sportscar is a beaut, I especially like the chrome horn on the hood for ornamentation. The clother sunroof/hood is strange, but I guess it adds playability...

The only good thing about the flying wing, in my opinion, is the reprinted ETA-2 canopy. That's it.

Summer, again, looks to be good. Venice boat chase looks great, with new flesh tone and Fez pieces, two neat little boats, Elsa Schnieder and her awesome blond hair, and even a little bridge. It wins.

Similarly awesome, but not quite, is the Temple of Doom and the Airplane chase set. The Messerchmit is a bit bare bones and blocky, but an ideal fighter would propably cost as much as both planes if done well. The biplane is nice though, and lots of telescopes are included, eight on the wings alone.
Last edited by Jake on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake

Re: LEGO Indiana Jones 2009: Discussion Thread

Postby Jettbacca » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:29 pm

this years sets look great and I plan on getting some.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby BigBenKenobi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:36 pm

In my opinion, the new sets for 2009 are much better than last year's sets. The 7683: Fight on the Flying Wing looks great with what looks to be a great chance for some new pieces. The 7682: Shanghai Chase looks decent, with the sports car very well done by the designers. Those are the sets I'm most interested in at the moment, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough money left after I blow all of it on Lego Star Wars sets this summer ;) .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Flynn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:52 pm

I'd buy these sets if it wasn't for the prices. Fifty dollars for the flying wing is just way too much for me, especially with the new OT sets coming.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby enchantedknight56 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I ordered the Flying Wing recently. Once I get it and have it built, I'll be sure to have a review up in a few days.

From what I can tell from the pictures, it looks like a very decent set. My big interest is the German Mechanic fig and the new torso he has.
enchantedknight56

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:03 am

Hello everyone. Once again, I love that new forum smell. Anyhoo, I've had very mixed feelings about this year's Indy lineup so far. The Flying Wing is sorely disappointing. The colour is too vibrant a green and I'm very upset how "juniourised" it appears. The saving grace for me is the Pat Roach minifig.

However, I adore the Shanghai Chase, apart from the very inhuman price point. The vehicles are surprisingly accurate and every one of the five (five!) minifigs is brand new and deliciously well-designed. The white tuxedo and mobster suits have endless uses and Willie's dress looks beautiful, if not blocky, but who can we blame for that? There is a lovely period feel to the design of the motorcade and boattail speedster (it is NOT a Jalopy!), but I do wish they included the Tommy guns from the Batman line instead of revolvers from the Shanghai mobsters.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby SuperDave » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:39 am

Jedd the Jedi wrote:Once again, I love that new forum smell.

Is that what that smell is? I was wondering.
SuperDave

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:07 am

I picked up the Chase set and think the cars are really nicely done. The size of the box versus what you end up with feels a bit off, but the design work going into the Indy sets is wonderful. And I love fleshing out my Indy cast.
Bertramtalespinner

Re: LEGO Indiana Jones 2009: First Impressions?

Postby iLike Lego » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Have both the sets from this year and I think they are awesome, although "Fight on the Flying Wing" is fairly fragile.
I can't wait for the sets later this year, especially THE BIG ONE. Totally getting it!
iLike Lego

Postby Commando80-0 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:01 pm

I have both Indy sets; I usually don't think about getting them until they hit me in the face; I only rave about getting the SW sets. ;)

Interesting to note: It appears all of the new Indy sets minus the plane battle which will obviously not have Elsa and minus the graveyard which has(potentially, now) but two new Indians have at least three new minifigs which is quite awesome, and we may see a remodeling of the Tommy-gun from Batman into hard plastic, like the Indy 4 Uzi, for individual distribution.

Also, I like the new texturing and details put into Willie's and Elsa's hairpieces; they both look significantly more real.
Commando80-0

Postby thepatient » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:39 pm

The first two sets for this year are great. The Shanghai Chase is fantastic. Every torso is new for this set; Indie’s white tux, The gangster tuxes, Short Round’s shirt and Willie’s dress (special legs too). One cool vehicle (truck/vintage station wagon?) and one awesome vehicle (the car) really round out this set. I really dig having some Asian characters now too.

The Flying Wing has a great look to it. I’m diggin’ the minifigures with this set too. Even though there are three I already have, a shirtless torso is really cool in my opinion. I really like the design of the tanker truck too.

All of the Indiana Jones sets are really coming through on the vintage car and plane designs. That is the biggest buying point for me. As hard as I tried to resist this line last year, once I got The Motorcycle Chase, I knew I was hooked.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Dr Scott » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:56 am

Firespray wrote: Same for the upcoming Temple of Doom set, if I have the cash, I'd get it just for Mola Ram.

Is there a Temple of Doom set with Mola Ram coming out? I haven't seen it listed anywhere...
Dr Scott

Postby Teekay » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:19 am

Oh, it's listed. However, I can't think of a link to drop you because they all have "Confidential" pics.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Jettbacca » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:12 pm

When is the Temple of Doom set coming out? Are there any pics?
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby iLike Lego » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:38 pm

August, son.
The pics are not allowed on this board, but I can give a description if that is. It's probably going to be in the price range of $60-80, and I am SO getting it!!!
iLike Lego

Postby GMan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:48 pm

I loved the Indy line the minute I learned about its existence. Even if I hadn't, I would have changed my mind when I saw the sets on shelves. The River Chase one was the first thing I got, and I had bundles of fun building it, and then I got Motorcycle Chase, Jungle Duel, and Lost Tomb last year. They were all excellent. I finally picked up the Jungle Cutter set two weeks ago, though I have yet to build it. It won't take me long though, it being the excellent selection of parts that it is. I'm probably going to get the magnet pack, if only to get the dark tan dome cap without spending a lot of money on the Lost Ark set (its name eludes me for the moment) or wasting money on the Jones Sr. keychain. I also want to get the Flying Wing and the Shanghai Chase sets, the former for its pieces.
GMan

Postby Dr Scott » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Just checked out the Temple of Doom set on the ToyFair09 page. It's a winner! The Mola Ram figure is hilarious, and we'll now end up with two different Pat Roach LEGO figures. How cool is that?
Dr Scott

Postby Azaghal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Dr Scott wrote:. . . we'll now end up with two different Pat Roach LEGO figures. How cool is that?
Very. He'll be, what, third-and-a-half? After Harrison Ford, Alfred Molina, and Mark Hamill (who only gets a half-point for voicing Joker. ;) )

As for the 2009 Indy line . . . the Shanghai Chase, Cairo Market, and Venice sets are the ones that really grab me shouting "BUY ME RIGHT NOW!" The KotCS graveyard is kinda neat, but doesn't quite have enough oomph for this cash-starved hobbyist, and the rest just don't interest me much.
Azaghal

Next

Return to Licensed Themes