Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Indiana Jones 2009: First Impressions?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Indiana Jones 2009: First Impressions?

Postby Rogue-Rider- » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:20 am

I really like the new Indy sets and the old ones. i still havent bought any though -_-
I think my faves so far are the flying wing and Motorcycle chase
Rogue-Rider-

Postby BobaFett » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Rogue-Rider- wrote:I really like the new Indy sets and the old ones. i still havent bought any though -_-
I think my faves so far are the flying wing and Motorcycle chase

bought the motorcycle chase set just for the Sean Connrey mini-figure. In the end I bough 5 copies of that one set
BobaFett

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 am

Has anyone in the US come across the Chaucilla Cemetery Battle set yet? I've only seen it so far at TRU and for $24.99 I'm passing until I find it for $19.99. My local Target and WM do not have a spot on the shelves for it. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be an exclusive but haven't heard anything yet.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby I Don't Know » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:01 pm

^ I found loads at my local Wal-Mart for $22.49 each.
Someone once asked me"Why is Star Wars awesome?" I replied" I Don't Know, it just is."
I Don't Know

Postby Clyne » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:41 pm

I got it for $19.99 at my local grocery store (Kroger owned)
Clyne

Postby yankeeken » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:54 pm

When I was at Walmart last week, they had absolutely none of the summer 09 Indiana Jones sets.
yankeeken

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 am

yankeeken wrote:When I was at Walmart last week, they had absolutely none of the summer 09 Indiana Jones sets.

Same for me. Some AFOLs have claimed that the Flying Wing was on clearance at WM but mine has both the Winter 2009 sets at regular price. I thought my WM sucks because it's in Wisconsin, but maybe there's more to it. :lol:
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby ShockZap » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:41 am

I saw teh Chinchilla (Ummm...I mean Chaucilla :x ) Cemetary at my local Target but got the Hoth set instead. Then I went back the next day to get the set and it was gone. I asked a worker what happened to it and she said that they put it out by mistake. She told me that the will put out new sets in mid-fall.
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby Marty » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

When I first saw in Indiana Jones sets for this year, I was pleased that they only did one set of the crystal skull. I didn't think it needed anymore sets. I did however think the first, second & third movie did! I'm pleased to say Lego got some of this right.
I love the plane and the ambush in cairo. But where's Salac! Where's the Map room, Belloq in the white suit etc.
I think the Chase set in the second movie is excellent.
As to the temple of doom set, though over-priced.
As for the chase in Venice, nice figures, but thats about it, Lego could have done so much more with this set but didn't, the knights tomb, would have been a nice add on with the rats as to, the library where X marks the spot.
As for the 3rd movie, what where they thinking, the plane set to me was the wrong way to go, the 3 quests would be one set should have attempted, or at least made the holy grail set.
The tank chase was another, as to the Airship bit where Indie chucked the captain out the window, I can only hope the we haven't see the end of these as it's a nice change.
Marty

Postby Draykov » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:57 pm

I wouldn't worry, Marty. LEGO can't put out a set for every idea in a single wave. So long as the license holds out, I imagine we'll be seeing some of what you described in future waves.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Is Indiana Jones dead?

Postby lotus10 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:52 am

While we have official announcements, blurry pictures and/or rumours about other lines, I can't find anything about Indiana Jones in 2010. Is this the end of the line?
lotus10

Re: Is Indiana Jones dead?

Postby Draykov » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Maybe it's because I'm getting older and the fact that the months and years fly by so fast that I don't have time to get impatient anymore, but just because you can't find leaked info doesn't mean the line is dead. They just released 5 new sets this past summer for the love of Mike. Nope...too soon to have this discussion.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby banthafodder » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:07 am

lotus10 wrote:While we have official announcements, blurry pictures and/or rumours about other lines, I can't find anything about Indiana Jones in 2010. Is this the end of the line?

I don't remember which toy fair had some pictures but it was when everyone was trying to get pictures of the new Toy Story line, there was a picture with everything grouped on a table which had some of the Atlantis sets and Toy Story sets. In between was what I recall as a grail temple Indy set.
banthafodder

Postby lotus10 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:06 am

banthafodder wrote:I don't remember which toy fair had some pictures but it was when everyone was trying to get pictures of the new Toy Story line, there was a picture with everything grouped on a table which had some of the Atlantis sets and Toy Story sets. In between was what I recall as a grail temple Indy set.

I think the Toy Fair pictures had temple sets for Atlantis and Prince of Persia, but not an Indy set. I could be wrong (I hope to be wrong).
lotus10

Postby Plo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:34 pm

i was in my lego store a few months back and one of the employees said that the indy sets were being discontinued >:(
I have NO idea what your talking about...but it sure sounds cool
Plo

Postby Draykov » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Take one:

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby lotus10 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Still diddly squat about new sets ...

Considering what's on the FBTB front page about Star Wars and Toy Story future sets, I think this is the end of the road for Lego Indy ... at least for 2010.

I hope I'm wrong ...
lotus10

Postby Deke Starkiller » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:33 pm

I still think Indy is on the back burner because of Prince of Persia. Too similar in theme(s) from a marketing standpoint. Jeremy can you chime in? Indy is awesome and I would hate to see it go away. :(
Deke Starkiller

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes