Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape... Where Did That Come From?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: 6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape... Where Did That C

Postby Marty » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Though I'm not too big on the fact that Lego change the design sets of the Batman series, they're more affordable looking at the US price and this is probably why. But is the quality as good?
Saying that, I hope that they plan to expand the range and set a more gothic look to the series, gotham & arkham asylum would be a good place to start.
I just wish they'd asked for ideas before hand as the sets could have still been made on the cheap without messing up the quality, the funhouse is a good example, it's got the look but it's still missing something.
I hope they do a better job in the future, Marty
Marty

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 am

I picked this up at TRU last night, and I haven't seen a spot for it at WM/Target, though both seem to have gotten in their other superheroes sets. So is it a TRU exclusive then? Its just strange that it doesnt have the "special edition" or whatever is usually on exclusives...
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 pm

I was wondering the same thing myself. It hasn't shown up anywhere except at TRU, and even then in limited quantities. Not sure if it's exclusive or not, but my bet is that it will be hard to come by during it's shelf life and will be a high-dollar item on the aftermarket. Doubtful you'll ever see it on sale anywhere.

Probably best to pick this up along with the Y-wing direct from LEGO. The Y-wing may be on sale at some point, but with the markup at TRU the savings will be nominal.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Coret » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:59 pm

So I was informed at my local Lego store that they won't be getting these in till after the massive back orders are done. This set is just plain hot.
Coret

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes