Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO's Next License: LEGO Minecraft

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO's Next License: LEGO Minecraft

Postby b4p » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Solo wrote:I hope it ends up closer to this:

that's about the only way i could see minecraft working, but that is a lot of parts; very expensive. maybe they would make these; it would probably be a lot cheaper.
b4p

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:37 pm

I really hope I have money when this comes out! I play the game and love it. :)

My only question is what the heck is that giant yellow guy?? There's no such thing in game.

THX 1138 wrote:Minecraft has two main game modes: Survival and Creative. Survival mode is where you have to collect all of your resources, and thus are somewhat limited in what you can do. You also have to fight monsters and kill animals for food. In Creative mode, you have unlimited resources, so you can easily build pretty much whatever you want to. You also can't die in it.

You can die in creative mode. look down and keep destroying bricks. Eventually you will fallow below world. If you don't fly soon enough you will die.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby THX 1138 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:18 am

Iare Tosevite wrote:I really hope I have money when this comes out! I play the game and love it. :)

My only question is what the heck is that giant yellow guy?? There's no such thing in game.

THX 1138 wrote:Minecraft has two main game modes: Survival and Creative. Survival mode is where you have to collect all of your resources, and thus are somewhat limited in what you can do. You also have to fight monsters and kill animals for food. In Creative mode, you have unlimited resources, so you can easily build pretty much whatever you want to. You also can't die in it.

You can die in creative mode. look down and keep destroying bricks. Eventually you will fallow below world. If you don't fly soon enough you will die.

Ah, right. I had forgotten about the Void. I meant that you couldn't be hurt by enemies, explosions, fire/lava, falls, or drowning.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby bobalego » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 am

Why not blokus, word with friends or Risk LEGO's then?
bobalego

Postby puffdaddy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 am

Apparently it's official. Lego Minecraft has been approved:

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/minecra ... -rev-54968
puffdaddy

Postby Iare Tosevite » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Awesome! Now I only has one question left... what the heck is that yellow giant??
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby cas » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm

From my comments on the Front Page:
I can't shake the feeling these sets will be limited, perhaps to online outlets such as shop.LEGO.com. I realize Minecraft is fairly popular, but is it popular enough? Or, better yet, will it remain popular over the period of time it takes for these potential LEGO Minecraft sets to see the light of store shelves?

I honestly don't see this being a home run for Lego, but I love the idea (well the idea of people rallying behind a product idea rather than Lego Minecraft itself). Maybe that will change once we actually see the sets.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby General Magma » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:54 am

LEGO Minecraft?
That sounds like.. the worst idea ever. Ironic as well.

Build a construction toy about a building game.. yeah, right-o. LEGO LEGO would basically be the same thing.

~ General Magma
General Magma

Postby emmtwosix » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 am

Here's an email conversation I recently had with a fellow LEGO enthusiast who also plays Minecraft:

> It just feels redundant, unnecessary, and weird to me. Minecraft was
> basically doing LEGO in a virtual world and now LEGO is going to do
> Minecraft in the real world, which was doing LEGO, from the real world, in
> the virtual world. Is it just me, or are we slowly and unconsciously
> slipping into some kinda metaverse?

>>Yeah, minecraft legos... that's just an obvious attempt at repackaging for
>>money... I want them... I'm not proud of that. But I wouldn't say meta,
>>just circular. Meta will be when they inevitably make Lego lego sets
>>where you use legos to build lego bricks.

I guess I should reply with this:
emmtwosix

Postby Ewok » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:07 am

What I'd love to see:

Minecraft minifigs - Creeper (!!!!), zombie, skeleton (normal LEGO one is fine), spider, cow, pig, chiken

Minecraft tools - Pick, Axe, Hoe, Sword, Shovel

Iconic Items - Crafting table, Forge, Armor

Then just some blocks so I can make something like the scene Solo posted.

Yes, its redundant. Yes, its a little stupid since Minecraft was borrowing from LEGO but with its own distinct art style. I think a LEGO homage to Minecraft, without needing to exactly copy the style would be kinda cool.

In any case it should be the other way around - LEGO should have jumped onto Mojang and used Minecraft as the kick-off point to create what would have been an amazing LEGO game.
Ewok

Postby PaulBaldowski » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 am

I think the model at the beginning of the topic looks great. If only Lego would invest more time into sets for that intermediate builder who wants to have fun with bricks. Give the young and inexperienced the sets with pre-constructed bits and the fan-builders the 10,000 brick mega-models... and inbetween, give the average builder the chance to experiment with colour, texture and shapes, bestowing them with a wealth of bricks of all sizes and shades. Brilliant idea.
PaulBaldowski

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes