Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Animator confirms Lego Harry Potter, Lego Indy Crystal Skull

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Animator confirms Lego Harry Potter, Lego Indy Crystal Skull

Postby liquidcross » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:53 am

Found on Joystiq:
Charlotte Parker, a cutscene animator at Traveller's Tales, has confirmed to VG247 that both Lego Harry Potter and Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are on the way. "But they're not confirmed," Parker said. "I can't really talk about them." That means, of course, that Parker didn't provide any details of release plans for either game, including dates or platforms.

Parker's CV reportedly listed the two Lego series game titles, though they were removed. According to GamesIndustry.biz, the CV also listed work on a demo of a Hobbit game, intended to be pitched to Peter Jackson.
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Re: Animator confirms Lego Harry Potter, Lego Indy Crystal Skull

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:57 am

A LEGO Harry Potter game is a natural, but somewhat surprising since the line is dead. The LEGO Indiana Jones sequel is not a bit surprising, yet it kind of worries me, since I don't think basing an ENTIRE LEGO Indy game on that one movie is a great idea. I'm sure I'll probably buy, and enjoy, both anyway. :D
Mister Ed

Postby Andi » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:27 am

A Lego Harry Potter game about 6 or even all 7 movies would be very interesting and awesome.

I wonder if the Indy Game would be a "Complete Saga" with all 4 movies or all about the 4th.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:32 am

Andi wrote:I wonder if the Indy Game would be a "Complete Saga" with all 4 movies or all about the 4th.

If it is a "complete saga", will be seriously grumbling, unless it somehow updates or includes different content from the previous movies. If it just repackages the last game with like 6 Crystal Skull levels tacked on, I will be annoyed. Six new levels won't be worth the cost of a whole new game to me, much as I would like to play them.
Mister Ed

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:18 pm

LEGO Harry Potter could totally work. Hopefully it's better than the old ones.

ImageImage
Last edited by Jay on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

Postby meeotch » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:28 pm

I will definitely pick up Lego HP if/when it comes out. I like to try and predict just how they'll make the game. Like, in the other Lego games, there was always a main area, but with HP, I would expect somewhere in Hogwarts (probably the Gryffindor common room) would be the main area, since so much of the story line would happen within various places in Hogwarts. And I hope they're able to cram more stuff in because they'll save space by reusing some maps since it's all in the same place.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:55 pm

I honestly hope the Indiana Jones Game is not only based on the fourth one. Does anyone think they know how Lego is going to show the man get eaten alive by ants?

The New Harry Potter games has me excited, provided it is not like every other Harry Potter game out there. These Lego games excel at hidden rooms and traps, which is perfect for Harry Potter and Hogwarts. The only problem I see here is how the designers are going to make the game more kid friendly when the last few movies have been so dark. Other than that, this game looks, or sounds, to be very promising.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Azaghal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Andi wrote:A Lego Harry Potter game about 6 or even all 7 movies would be very interesting and awesome.

All eight movies. :roll: This may give us some idea of the timing (and perhaps a resurgence of the line?), i.e. sometime in 2011 when said last film hits theaters.

SkwerlJones wrote:I honestly hope the Indiana Jones Game is not only based on the fourth one. Does anyone think they know how Lego is going to show the man get eaten alive by ants?
Easy - they disassemble him and carry him off piece by piece, while the disconnected head makes angry faces. It'll be hilarious. :lol:
Azaghal

Postby 11Numb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Sounds interesting. I'll definitely be picking up HP, though probably not CS, unless it's got a LOT of new content.
11Numb

Re:

Postby Masta' Bo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Jay wrote:LEGO Harry Potter could totally work. Hopefully it's better than the old ones.

Nevar, evar, evor diss LEGO CREATOR HARRY POTTER. (I love that game; rather, liked it a lot as a kid.)

Anywho, LHP the video game sounds completely and totally bith'. I will get it.

On the other hand, I don't really care for Lego IJ.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Jettbacca » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:59 am

I'll probably get Lego HP and also Indy. Suprising though, since the line is dead.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Zeron175 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Very odd since the HP line is dead. I'll likely get both and then keep waiting for lego spiderman.
Zeron175

Postby Teekay » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:29 pm

All right, sorry for the minor bump, but I just realized that I read a story that involved George Lucas announce that in Indy 5, Harrison Ford has been confirmed to star as Indy. They are just looking for an artifact to find. But this was a couple months ago, so I'll have to look a while for the story, but I'll try.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby dandaman62 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:12 am

I'm very much looking forward to the Lego Harry Potter game. Perhaps they'll design the game off the first four movies, then in the future they'll do the last four. Not so keen in Indy 2, seems like a waste of a game to me.
dandaman62

Postby Flynn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:10 pm

I can't beleive no one took notice of this yet:

Parker's CV reportedly listed the two Lego series game titles, though they were removed. According to GamesIndustry.biz, the CV also listed work on a demo of a Hobbit game, intended to be pitched to Peter Jackson.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby liquidcross » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:57 am

That's not necessarily a LEGO Hobbit game. It's more likely the officially licensed crappy movie game. :(
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Flynn » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:35 pm

It really all depends on whether or not her "CV" (Not sure what exactly that is...) only works on the LEGO games or other stuff as well. I'm willing to see both arguments at this point.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:35 am

Flynn wrote:It really all depends on whether or not her "CV" (Not sure what exactly that is...) only works on the LEGO games or other stuff as well.

Curriculum Vitae or résumé. Basically a list of all the jobs she has had, projects she has worked on, etc. Any non-LEGO games work she has done should also appear on it.

The article mentions "two Lego series games" and then the Hobbit game as a separate item, so I agree with liquidcross that this is more than likely a non-LEGO game.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby Inzane » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:23 am

Mister Ed wrote:The LEGO Indiana Jones sequel is not a bit surprising, yet it kind of worries me, since I don't think basing an ENTIRE LEGO Indy game on that one movie is a great idea.

Especially on a movie that's not that great to begin with. :roll:
Inzane

Postby Flynn » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Gingerbeard Man wrote:Curriculum Vitae or résumé. Basically a list of all the jobs she has had, projects she has worked on, etc. Any non-LEGO games work she has done should also appear on it.

The article mentions "two Lego series games" and then the Hobbit game as a separate item, so I agree with liquidcross that this is more than likely a non-LEGO game.

Okay, thanks, then. You're probably all right, I was just hoping...

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Next

Return to Licensed Themes