Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Super Heroes Line Includes Marvel

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Super Heroes Line Includes Marvel

Postby scottypavarotti » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Boy, this is about the best news I've heard from a LEGO license, I've been trying and failing to get excited by the POTC line.

Am I the only one also thinking of the potential Marvel or DC Travellers Tales LEGO computer game that's sure to follow?
scottypavarotti

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Pics, courtesy of member meat1980, who is currently at SDCC! Thank you, meat1980 for the quick work!

These can be replaced with Official Taken By FBTB Staff Pics later if need be, this is for those who can't wait!

LEGO DC Minifigs at SDCC 2011, courtesy of meat1980 by jpoglesby, on Flickr

LEGO Marvel Minifigs at SDCC 2011, courtesy of meat1980 by jpoglesby, on Flickr

Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby akunthita » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:04 pm

This is increadible news! I can't wait for Ironman! XD
Tips & Tricks with LEGO Bricks! http://thebrickblogger.com/
akunthita

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:10 pm

I like that the Superman and Wonder Woman (and everybody else, except the Green Lantern one from the announcement) are the classic, recognized-by-everybody versions, not the new, revamped versions that will be appearing in the comics come September. I kind of wondered if they would be pushing the new versions on their licensees, but if this is any indication it doesn't appear so.
Mister Ed

Postby etcknight » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Iron man's head / mask needs a "do over". It's looks massive compared to his tiny body.
etcknight

Postby Wash » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Meh,I was hoping I would see an ultimate collector series Jaxxon bust, but I guess this is okay too.
Wash

Postby cowbug » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 pm

This is AWESOME! The possibilities are endless, give or take.

That said, I'm a big Joker fan but I'm not super excited by this Joker. I can't quite put my finger on it but he looks funky, the original Joker was so much better. I hope he gets an revision prior to release. And I agree, Iron Man's head is too big, I am sure these are prelim. figs though seeing as its still 6 months out.

Referring to the comments about action figure license agreements, do we know for sure that one company that has an exclusive action figure license agreement with DC or Marvel? I know that was an issue with Star Wars because Hasbro has an exclusive agreement but that does not necessarly mean DC and Marvel have the same kind of exclusive agreement. (They might, I don't know, I just wouldn't assume they do just because Star Wars does). Does any one know for sure?
cowbug

Postby banthafodder » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Dude, really. Doesn't TLG get enough of my money already. Darn you Lego!
banthafodder

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Hulk have no face... hulk sad...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Andi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 am

Has Iron Man a face below that too massive mask?

Can' wait to see some X-Men Lego :-)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby obi-wan jimboski » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 am

Just a few observations...

While Ironman's mask is too big, we said the same thing about Batman...
I would love to see if anyone has thought through a Hulkbuster Ironman MOC yet to battle the Hulk-Wampa (Wamp-hulk?)
If they ever make a Doomsday / Darkseid, I hope its not this big.

Seems to be two Batman versions released at Comic Con--Dark Knight Rises special edition, and the preview fig, which appears to be reminiscent of Brave and Bold Batman (notice the grin and the Yellow emblem)--while I would like to see the Futura Batmobile, I REALLY want to see a Superfriends style one in black and blue.. (I suppose I could build it too)

Total number of Batmans--including this wave:6
Light Grey-Black Cowl, small black bat
Black - Black Cowl, gold bat
Light Grey-Blue Cowl, large black bat
Dark Grey - Black Cowl, Dark Knight Armor
Light Grey - Blue Cowl, Yellow Bat
Black - Black Cowl, Dark Knight Rises Armor

Lots of Moc potential again... would love to see some sort of contest around superheros prior to launch...
obi-wan jimboski

Postby durhamwitenite » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:46 pm

This is excellent news for a LEGO collector like myself. I am thrilled about this news as a LEGO collector. I really hope that they start producing Marvel themed LEGO video games. Really exciting news out of Comic Con. Next year can't come soon enough.
Kids can learn to read and write on both the vtech innotab and leapfrog leappad tablet. It's a great educational product.
durhamwitenite

Postby Macoco » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Wow this is seriously awesome, Ironman is pretty rough but since he is just a prototype I expect the final version to be awesome. Hope we see war machine aswell.
Macoco

Postby Captain Typo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 pm

"Victory is near, make the last push!"

... But seriously, like, why not?
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby batsamd » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Is this the "official" LEGO Superheroes thread? Just wondering.

Saw a list of sets on All About Bricks:
DC:
6858 Batman vs. Catwoman
6862 Superman vs. Lex Luthor
6863 Batman vs. the Joker
6864 Batman vs. Two Face
6860 The Batcave
All About Bricks wrote:Apparently the above sets will feature the Batmobile, the Bat-wing, Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, Bane and Robin. Where Wonder Woman fits in is a puzzler though...?!

Marvel:
6865 Captain America
6866 X-Men
6867 Iron Man
6868 Hulk and Thor
6869 Avengers

Bionicle type figs:
DC:
4526 Batman
4527 The Joker
4528 Green Lantern

Marvel:
4529 Iron Man
4597 Captain America
4530 The Hulk

Don't plan to get any of the Bionicle type figs, they don't look to good to me.

A little disappointed in the DC line-up, to much Batman. Got all of the previous Batman sets so was really hoping to flesh out my DC Universe with some new figs, but it looks like Superman and Wonder Woman will be the only new ones.

Not a big fan of Marvel, so I'll have to see the sets before I decide whether to buy them or not. I would like a Captain America and Wolverine. Hopefully they won't be in to expensive sets.
batsamd

Postby batsamd » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am

A Eurobricks member found prelim pics of the DC sets at BrickHeroes.com.

Although I figured the Batman sets would be similar to the previous sets, still am very disappointed in those. Since I have all the original Batman sets, these are a pass. Can't justifiy spending a lot of money just to get a few revamped minifigs.

Does look like there's a new cop in the Batman Vs. Two-Face set. Maybe it will have GCPD logos on it.

The Supes Vs. Lex Luthor set is a definite. Cheap way to get Supes and Wonder Woman minifigs, although not to thrilled with Lex's mech suit.

Guess I was hoping for some Super Powers type sets, with Lex and his Lexor 7 and Supes with his Supermobile.

Maybe I'll have to try and build those. :)
batsamd

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 am

Poor Wonder Woman. Not even mentioned in the set name, and in the set pics, merely serves the role of hostage/woman-in-peril.

I figured it would be Lex in a mech-suit of some kind. I'm just a bit disappointed that it appears to be simply businessman Lex, in a boring black mech. I was hoping for something more purple and green, and Lex in his power armor.
Image[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mister Ed

Postby Brickmythic » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Luthor's Mech/power suit is green. Even appears there are some purple elements too(maybe they are Dark Green). The pics are pretty blurry and preliminary. I'll try to take some better photos this weekend at NYCC.

I think its important we get the iconic Lex Luthor in business suit first, as that is the most identifiable version of Lex Luthor over the generations.

I think its safe to say, the Superhero line will be a mainstay for TLG. So we likely will get more versions of many figures.

For 19.99 (which is really only $15 USD average for us bargain hunters who only buy product during sales) is a great price for the Superman set. TLG is going to have a difficult time keeping it stocked Internationally. So i'd suggest picking it up when you can. It will be on back order within a few weeks of shop@home.

All of the sets are affordable for children (and parents) which is important.

The price points are absolutely fantastic. Not factoring in sales such as B&N coupon's, TRU Bogo's, the entire DC universe line debuting in January can be had for less than 200 USD. Bargain Hunters will be able to walk away with the entire line for around $100.

A part of me wishes the Batman sets weren't simply rehashed versions of the older sets but when I consider all the children who can't afford the old sets, let alone a single minifgure such as Bane or Two face, I'm really happy they made them again.

I never liked the 2006 Batmobile or Batwing because they weren't exactly swooshable for the kids, being both valuable and not quite sturdy. The Batmobile had some funky elements that didnt quite fit, The Batwing looks great as a AFOL display piece but needed some alterations to stay intact. And if anyone has played with the Battank or the Batboat from the Killer Croc set knows how easily they fell apart at any given time.

Also 2006 was when TLG started using more decals, and decals/stickers from that era weren't made well. I honestly don't think any Sticker is made well and wish printed bricks would make a comeback.

The new Two Face is awesome. As are his minions with the colorful torso and the monster truck. The Drake/Wayne Robin is also sweet. I wasn't expecting that one at all, as an avid fan of comics, I'm pretty excited. The new Batcave looks like a really fun set for the children at the same time remaining affordable.

I'm so happy Bane is in an affordable set as well as the new Catwoman/Blue Golden Age Batman which can be found in the $11.00 Impulse set. Im not worried at all my 2006 Golden Age Batman (blue) will go down in value as I only paid a few bucks for him years ago anyway.

Now is the time to stock up on Harley Quinn, Riddler, and Penguin. All 3 are relatively inexpensive and the fact they aren't making an appearance means they will become highly sought after.

Figures like Nightwing, original suit Robin, Mr. Freeze, and Killer Croc will also command even more of a premium., so pick them up now guys before they go up!

I think folks hoarding/speculating 2006 Batman sets should prolly dump most of their stuff save Arkham Asylum and the Tumbler before they hit the shelves. I sold out of stock about a year ago but kept a factory sealed case of Tumblers. Another set to hold onto is the Harley Quinn/ Robin set and the Mr. freeze buggy set. I remember them being 75% off at Target years ago!

case in point:
Harry potter sets such as Graveyard Duel, Sirius Black Escape or the Goblet set with the Dragon/Mad Eye have literally quadrupled in value over the last year because they have exclusive components/figures you cant find in the new HP line. While most sets that were reprinted dropped drastically unless they had exclusive/rare minifigs.

ona side note: Thanks Onions for running a most excellent website!
Brickmythic

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes