Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Super Heroes Contest; Superman, Green Lantern Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Super Heroes Contest; Superman, Green Lantern Revealed

Postby Staff » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 am

LEGO Super Heros Unite

Thanks to flickr user Commdr_Neyo ☮, we now get a sneak preview of three of the upcoming DC Comics minifigs. Ol' Batsy looks to be the same as previous incarnations. Superman's hair piece looks fantastic, but I expected the blue on his torso and legs to be regular blue; it looks like a new shade. Green Lantern looks pretty awesome.

Anyways, the above image was taken from LEGOSuperHeroes.com where they're running a contest. Create a stop-motion or live action LEGO movie, a still image, or even a drawing of your LEGO Super Heroes in action, or regular LEGO minifigs in Super Hero style. Prizes include a complete set of the 2012 DC Universe line up, trips to LEGOLAND CA, WB Studios and more. Check out the site for all the details on how to enter.

Thanks to Paul for the tip.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/07/20/lego-super-heroes-contest-superman-green-lantern-revealed/
Staff

Re: LEGO Super Heroes Contest; Superman, Green Lantern Revea

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 am

I'm a little disappointed that they went with the movie look for Green Lantern, though not terribly surprised. I'm just glad to see Superman still looks like the classic, and not the new costume they are debuting in September.
Mister Ed

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 am

Mister Ed wrote:I'm a little disappointed that they went with the movie look for Green Lantern, though not terribly surprised. I'm just glad to see Superman still looks like the classic, and not the new costume they are debuting in September.

I wouldn't be too disappointed yet as we had at least three different Batman versions, I can see us getting a classic version of Hal too. I am just excited to see the possibility of Sinestro!! :)
Gooker1

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 am

Gooker1 wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:I'm a little disappointed that they went with the movie look for Green Lantern, though not terribly surprised. I'm just glad to see Superman still looks like the classic, and not the new costume they are debuting in September.

I wouldn't be too disappointed yet as we had at least three different Batman versions, I can see us getting a classic version of Hal too. I am just excited to see the possibility of Sinestro!! :)

As long as they don't stick to the movie for Sinestro as well. If they don't stick to the movie, there's all kinds of GL stuff I'd love to see. If they do, my excitement, GL-wise anyway, will be sadly limited.
Mister Ed

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 am

I'm most excited about the possibility of a Ledger styled Joker fig. :D
Walter Boy

Postby Louis K. » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 am

Why is this only for the USA....:( Anyways nice figs!
Louis K.

Postby UOldPirate » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

[quote=staff]... Ol' Batsy looks to be the same as previous incarnations. ...

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the Batman torso new too? It has the Dark Knight style bat like the ones from the last year of the Batman license but the armor and utility belt print is slightly different and I believe those were dark gray figs not black. I mean you would think Lego would at least give the poor guy a new print if they are developing a whole new line. :)
UOldPirate

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:26 pm

The new LEGO DC Universe SUPER HEROES collection will feature 13 iconic super heroes in LEGO minifigure form, including: Batman™, Robin™, Catwoman™, The Joker, The Riddler™, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn™, Bane, Bruce Wayne, Superman™, Lex Luthor™ and Wonder Woman™. Buildable characters will include Batman, The Joker and Green Lantern.

Kind of odd, and disappointing for a GL fan like me, that even though they are distributing a promotional GL minifig at San Diego ComicCon, there is no GL minifig planned for the intial collection. Just a big pile of Batman stuff, a couple Superman-related figs, and Wonder Woman.

Sure they have a buildable GL, but it is likely the movie version, and what I really want is a minifig, with buildable constructs. Oh, well.
Mister Ed

Postby badgerboy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:02 am

Like an idiot, I didn't read the TOC properly... only open to US residents... I did this with the thought it might be nice for kids to have something free to colour in while they wait for those awesome sets...
If anyone would like it, for their kids to colour in, please feel free to download the full size version of Lego Superman from my my Flickr page.
new flickr folder
old brickshelf
badgerboy

Postby Joedward » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:44 am

That is just so utterly fantastic. Really sucks in not an international thing.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Return to Licensed Themes