Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Would LEGO consider doing a John Deere theme?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Would LEGO consider doing a John Deere theme?

Postby theJudeAbides » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Having looked at the new farm sets, I can't help but wonder if LEGO has ever considered partnering with John Deere to make sets. The combine in particular reminds me (with it's color scheme) of John Deere farm equipment.

Having grown up in a small town farming community and having relatives who farm, I know for a fact that many farmers consider John Deere to be the best farm equipment manufacturer out there. They have a reputation for building high-quality, long-lasting equipment that stands the test of time (sound like a certain toy company?). I think a partnership between the two would make great sense.

My question is this: Do you think LEGO would ever actually consider partnering with John Deere for a line of toys? If they did so, would that make you more or less likely to buy them? I wish that I could ask LEGO this directly (in the "Ask LEGO" section), but I assume this would be against policy, so instead I ask you, FBTB, for your thoughts.

Personally, while I think the new farm sets are nice, I'm still a bit undecided as to whether or not I'll actually purchase them. However, I think if they were John Deere models, I would be much more likely to buy them. But that's just me.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Re: Would LEGO consider doing a John Deere theme?

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Possibly as one shot of few sets, just like few others like certain oil company and airplane one.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby onions » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:59 pm

yeah, i could totally imagine john deere contracting lego for a few promo sets for employees or something. i'm really digging the farm theme; and if they got the license, i would be buying them fo sho.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Tohst » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:13 am

The little tractor is already Case IH colors. We just need the stickers.

Case rules!

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Return to Licensed Themes