Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Problem with 7590 Woody & Buzz to the Rescue?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Problem with 7590 Woody & Buzz to the Rescue?

Postby Mister Ed » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

I got set #7590 today (I forget the name, it is the Toy Story one with Buzz, Woody, and RC), and it had the most pieces ever missing from a LEGO set I've gotten. It was missing one entire eye assembly for RC (Blue and White small radar dishes, and a lime green frying pan piece). I don't think I've ever been missing more than one piece from a new LEGO set before, and certainly not from one this small. I'm kind of curious if this was a widespread QC issue with this set, or if I'm just extra lucky.
Last edited by Draykov on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title revised to include more descriptive set reference
Mister Ed

Re: Anybody else had this problem with set #7590?

Postby Marty » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Not that I don't believe you, but it's unlikely that the set would be missing that many parts, without someone actually opening the box. It's probably that someone has bought the set, tampered with the box and returned it, and you bought it.
There has been big sets, like the death star and others recently, where there were a few bits missing (3 at the most), I know I bought one of these, but a small set like this, the weight would have given it away to the quality control.
Luckly, Lego will provide replacement parts if you explain what happened.
Marty

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:02 am

I bought 2 for the kids when they first came out and they were complete. I don't know if this matters, but both of ours were in the original blue cloud pattern boxes, not the newer white TS3 box style.
UOldPirate

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:34 am

Oh, they were definitely missing. All the bags were closed, minifigs were still present. I thought it was very odd to be missing that many, too, but they were definitely not there, and there was no evidence of tampering at all. That's why I wondered if this was a known glitch.
Mister Ed

Postby Coret » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:11 am

I know I had no problem with the set myself. It's really weird that you should be missing that many pieces. I can count on my hand the number of times I have been missing 1 piece, but never more than one.
Coret

Postby Robzula » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:26 pm

I've only ever had a piece missing from a new set once, and that was a missing "unicorn horn" in the 7949 I bought the other day.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Return to Licensed Themes