Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Quality questions re: 4840 The Burrow

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Quality questions re: 4840 The Burrow

Postby lady_bricker » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:37 pm

just finished assembling the burrow .. lovely set, but i have some quality issues, and i'm wondering if they are in all the sets or just mine.

four of the hair pieces -- ginny's, mr. weasley's, mrs. weasley's, and fenrir's -- have flaws on the center top .. small light circles, very noticeable.

the same almost white circles appear randomly on other LEGO pieces in the set, including completely smooth pieces where they should definitely NOT be.

is mine the only spotty burrow? should i request replacement parts, or would i just be getting more of the same?
lady_bricker

Re: Quality questions re: 4840 The Burrow

Postby onions » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:26 pm

those sound like stress marks that shouldn't be there, maybe surfacing when they were removing the piece from the mold. if your'e not completely happy with it, i'd call it in and ask for replacement parts. or use the website form.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby lady_bricker » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:38 pm

i was thinking along the lines of where it broke off the mold.

i hate to ask for *that* many replacement parts, but it was an expensive set and i am used to much better quality from TLG.
lady_bricker

Postby SuperDave » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:02 am

I didn't notice flaws in my copy of the set.
SuperDave

Return to Licensed Themes